Upside down forte

jonvan

Ok sounds wierd but... If I use a forte as a center channel my thinking was this...If I mount it unside down above my 43" sony tv (supported of course) It would put the tweeter closest to the set and more in line with my forte's I'm using for my L and R main's. Is there a mechanical problem with this? Any other suggestions. I own a C-7 but trying to get the ultimate center set-up. And still looking for those KSP-S6's for rear surround if anyone has a lead.

J.

Once upon a time as an experiment, I took a pair of Heresy IIs and placed them inverted on top of my LaScalas running 2 channel stereo. The Lascalas on a 70 watt amp and the Heresys on a separate 105 Watt amp. It actually worked pretty well, with a slight loss of sound stage but a much more pleasing overall sound.

Well, I got busy. My experiment lasted about 6 months as my setup until I had some time to rearrange it. No harm was done to the Heresys.

I think your idea to invert to get the tweeters closer to the same height is valid and should produce good results.

Inverting should not be a problem. But you do need to be careful about magnetic shielding.

Mike.

jonvan,It doesn't sound wierd.I've had my Heresy upside down on top of my 52"for almost a year.You were thinking right,gets the tweeter close to the same line as the others.

Using the same speakers on all three fronts is a great way to go.

My Heresy didn't match tonaly close enough to my K-Horns,so I found a K-Horn squawker and made a few mods.It's perfict now.

I am doing exactly that, but with a Quartet as the center for my 4 Forte IIs (mains/surrounds), towering a top a 40" Mitsubishi. The results are nothing less than breath taking (the Quartet replaced a C7). ProLogic now sounds ALMOST as good as AC3. I have already removed the base from the Quartet, and can not definitively say that upside down OR right side up makes that much of a difference. What I can say, is that the Quartet makes one hell of a center in this configuration. I believe the advantage of matched midranges is the key. If you have the space for the Forte... GO FOR IT