kg4's for home theater?

clay

I've got a pair of KG4's and am wondering if they are suitable for use as the front pair in a home theater 5.1 surround sound setup. I'd rather use the kg4's than purchase a new pair, unless I need to do that to achieve good surround sound results. Does anyone know if the current model Klipsch center channel speakers are comaptible with the kg4's? I'm new to home theater/surround sound, and would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

The KG4's are very good for HT. I've seen new KG 3.5's for sale lately they would make great rears for the KG 4's. I have used a SC1 center with my 3.5's and it worked great. You could also use the smaller KG's as rears and center, they are on Ebay all the time.

------------------

Yamaha RX-V620 receiver

1976 Klipsch La Scala's

Klipsch KSW12 Sub.

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch KG 3.5 rears

Panasonic RV31 DVD

Sharp 32" TV

This message has been edited by mpgwagon on 01-01-2002 at 08:42 PM

Kg4's are fantastic mains in a HT setup. My system is detailed below; the only suggestion would be a C7 instead of the C6 although it has served me well. The Kg4's are great because you can switch over to music and not lose a thing. You will be very happy with them.

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200