advice on a receiver

thump4863

Hello -

I'm looking an advice on which receiver I should get to push my klipsch speakers. I have 2 RF-35's, a RC-35, RS-52 for surrounds, and a sub12. I currently only have a Sony that puts out 65 watts a channel and I know these handle more and will sound better with it.

Price range is between 1000-1200 and i wouldnt mind it being 6.1 so I can add another speaker later.

Thanks!

I bought an HK AVR 645 to go along with my RF-35's and Sub-12 - incredible sound. You will not be disappointed with it. Also have RS-42 and RC-62. Less than $500 from the Harman Audio store on ebay... factory outlet store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Harman-Audio_Receivers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ10225970QQftidZ2QQtZkm

(old pic, from when I was testing out the surrounds... they are now properly placed)

Posted Image

Thump,

That model Denon is a good one. BUT, if you go to the Harmon ebay site posted above, I think you can get a better deal. Good Luck either way

and let us know what new toy you end up with.................Regards. Below is the post for the HK AVR645 with a BIN price of 598.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Kardon-AVR-645-7-1-Home-Theater-Receiver-HDMI_W0QQitemZ150185360141QQihZ005QQcategoryZ14981QQcmdZViewItem

I had a Yamaha RXV2500 and recently replaced it with an Emotiva DMR-1. This receiver is better than any receiver I have heard before. It has plenty of power to drive your speakers. It is on sale for $999 and has a high quality processor at the heart of the unit. I highly recommend that you take a look at www.emotiva.com. By the way, Emotiva offers a 30 day in home trial so you can decide for yourself if it's right for you.

Dave

Here is an excellent deal on a consumer version of the $1K+ Pioneer Elite line at $390 from Amazon through the evil BB.

I Don't think that is a Pioneer Elite receiver. It looks like the VSX-1019TX I think is the name. My first receiver was a Pioneer, it was decent for the JBL cube system I had with it but it got outdated pretty quick.

Thump,

That model Denon is a good one. BUT, if you go to the Harmon ebay site posted above, I think you can get a better deal. Good Luck either way

and let us know what new toy you end up with.................Regards. Below is the post for the HK AVR645 with a BIN price of 598.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Kardon-AVR-645-7-1-Home-Theater-Receiver-HDMI_W0QQitemZ150185360141QQihZ005QQcategoryZ14981QQcmdZViewItem

Same on harmanaudio.com if ebay is gone.

Here is an excellent deal on a consumer version of the $1K+ Pioneer Elite line at $390 from Amazon through the evil BB.

I Don't think that is a Pioneer Elite receiver. It looks like the VSX-1019TX I think is the name. My first receiver was a Pioneer, it was decent for the JBL cube system I had with it but it got outdated pretty quick.

Exactly, it's the lower cost version of the elite, the 1019. Pop the hood on the Elite and compare to the 1019 and all the key components are identical, minor difference for multi-room capability and HDMI, but it's a smokin' AVR for that price!