What's popping?

33klfan

I noticed this a couple weeks ago. Sometimes while i'm listening to my dish vip 622 through optical cable, into my nad t753, there is sometimes this sudden 'POP' sound. There's not really a pattern. It just kind of occasionally happens and it's real quick. It also did it once when i loaded an hddvd one time. Like when the audio format recognized through the receiver there was a loud pop. I checked all the connections and nothing is loose. I sure hope this nothing serious. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've heard popping or crackling one and a while on my system. It's probably some sort of noise on the digital line in from the satellite reciever or HD-DVD player and the AVR isn't filtering it out. Noise or signal distortion could easily happen on your satellite reciever, but your HD-DVD player shouldn't have that problem.

It could be possible that you have some dirty power issues also. Make sure your gear is on a fairly clear circuit and doubly make sure it's not on the same circuit as any applicances, fans, or motors. I have my stuff hooked into a power conditioner, and still hear the occasional pop or crackle (pretty loud too) from satellite. I'd have to attribute it to the satllite signal.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/

This is an excellent forum / resource for satellite stuff. I learned a ton there. I beleive it a software issue in the box. You can definitely find the answer to your problem at satelliteguys. I think you may just need a reboot (unplug). I forgot actually....that's an old problem I read about.

I just thought of something. I purchased a new apc surge protector a couple months ago. Now i'm just trying to think if the satellite did it before i bought it. I can't believethat would attribute to it, but who knows. In fact, i think that's when i started noticing it, but never thought of the surge protector. I remember it started right aroundthe time i bought my chorus ii's, and that's when i got the surge protector for more outlets. It's an apc pf11vt3. I can't recall if the satellite did it or not before the surge protector, but i know the hddvd never did.