Fireplace Mount

endover

Okay Arky,

You can't post pic's like that and not give us the story. What happened?

...and for the rest... I have built a fire. I have put a thermometer there. It's below 90. I live in Florida so having a fire in your fireplace is like going surfing when you live in Colorado...it could happen but not very often. In the mean time, the fireplace wall is the focal point of the room and most importantly...if the plasma goes on another wall, that less room for my wife to have furniture and we know who wins that argument. I will be purchasing the TV and temproarily watch it in various places in the room loooong before I mount it above the fireplace but it's waaaaay too convenient to put it there. I also agree...that if it's angled down properly that it won't be such a neck inconvenience...

Great input though. Keep it coming. I'm probably going to wait until superbowl timeframe before making my purchase. I'm waiting for a couple of models to come into the $2500 price range...

For your reading pleasure. I have since located studs or at least something is pinging my new meter.

ouch