Im a NoOB! Help!!!

GoAT

Hi everyone! Well my first post, and its a full fledged noob question. I read some different posts, and like any hobby, or anything else people are into there will be at least 10 answers to every question. Thats what Im looking for here. I guess I need a general concesus on my issues, so here goes! Just had a house built. its wired for 7.1, and all the speakers were wired in the ceiling. I was ready to spend some money this weekend, and then I found The Klipsch Community. Let me tell you what I was going to do, and then let me know what changes you all would suggest. The TV is for sure.... Mitsubishi 73" diamond series DLP. My reciever, I have 3 that I like from reading and research. They are, Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Sony STR DA5300ES, and the Denon AVR-3808CI. Now remember all 6 speakers are prewired in the ceiling. I was going to use 6 CDT-5800C, and a RC62 Center. The room is not a dedicated HT room. It is our LR that is 15 x 25, and the nook and Kitchen are behind. What Im looking for is that when all set up, and I put the Blue Ray disc in (player unknown yet). and I have my kids over, at the intense parts of the movie I can look at them, smile, and shake my head "Yeah Baby" thats what Im talking about! Lol! Ok a little carried away. Oh I forgot I have a sub from my Infinity 5.1 set up that I had for years. Prob will be replacing that also, so suggestions would be appreciated. I have not done any research or reading on subs yet. Well I hope that helps you all to help me! [:^)]

Thanks to all!

T.

Needed to run the speaker cables down the walls to about ear-level... not the ceiling. You will lose all your imaging putting speakers up there unless it is the size of an auditorium.

I don't Know anything about the Sony receiver but the Pioneer or Denon receiver should work just fine.

Since you are getting such a big TV and it seems that you are going to be using the system mainly for movies, have you consider the RC 64 for the center channel? After all, that is where most of voices come from during movies, just a thought.

For the speakers position I agree with the previous post, but it is not a HT room just a LR room so do the best you can with what you have.

For the subs, Klipsch has some good ones such the Sub 12 in the Synergy serie or the RW 12 in the reference serie. The RT 12 seems to be a good one too but a little higher in Price. A lot of people have been very happy with SVS and HSU subs, check them out.

user_IsOffline.gifArky , Thanks for the input, Im going to go shop the Pioneer today, and see what Ultimate Electronics has to say and what kind of sales pith I get. Everything Ive read has been good on the Elite, and the subs... well a whole new book for me to check out.. Lol! Oh and Congrates on the loss of Houston Nutt! Lol!

......................"GO HOGS"......................

))))"Wooooooooo Pig! Soooooiiiee!((((

Thanks.

T

Personally I'd always go Reference series over Synergy, they cost more and they are worth it. Can't go wrong with the RC-64, but it would be nice to have a pair of RF-63's standing on either side of the tv.

In the Klipsch world we tend to spend lots of money, and the room isn't that big, in a 12 x 8 room I have a pair of RF-52's and an RC-52, plus a pair of Heresy II's I've had forever. Do what sounds right to you, you have to live with this. Salesmen have their biases, but you have to spend your money.

user_IsOffline.gifArky , Thanks for the input, Im going to go shop the Pioneer today, and see what Ultimate Electronics has to say and what kind of sales pith I get. Everything Ive read has been good on the Elite, and the subs... well a whole new book for me to check out.. Lol! Oh and Congrates on the loss of Houston Nutt! Lol!

......................"GO HOGS"......................

))))"Wooooooooo Pig! Soooooiiiee!((((

Thanks.

T

Where are you from?

srobak, Thanks for the reply! What is the Imaging I will be losing? Is it the highs, lows, or will it sound tinnie? Sorry for the noobie questions.

Imaging refers to the ability of the speakers to create the proper left/right/center soundstage, so that it seems realistic to you as the movie soundtrack is played. (Or, in 2-channel mode, that when you close your eyes you can imagine each musician's position on the stage and their instruments' sound emanating from that point.) Sometimes, with speakers high over your head and shooting down at you, you don't get the realism you would get if they were at ear-level. But as was also pointed out, you need to do the best you can as this is a mixed-use room and not a dedicated HT.

I am in Arizona, but a big Razorback fan... My wife is from Bentonville, Rogers area! I flew her back for the Arkansas vs South Carolina game a few weeks ago, she enjoyed the family, and the game with her sister...

If you're interested a few of us AR boys have been discussing our situation in the college football thread.

I finally talked the club where I play golf at into installing Klipsch ceiling spks. They sound quite nice. You gotta deal with what ya got.