receiver question

tlendy25

This may not really fall into the technical question category, but I am wondering something. When people are talking about receivers or speakers or anything else, I hear people use terms like "bright, warm, etc". I gather that bright is in regards to the highs, but what is warm and whatever other descriptions.

With that being asked. I just recently purchased some RF82 and am considering an RC62 or rc52. Any reasons why I should go with the rc62 instead of an rc52? Sort of on a budget. I was thinking that instead of rc62 and rs52 surrounds, I would just do rc52 with rs52 or possible rs42 surrounds. It would help my bidget out.

Also considering a new sub. Actually sub will come after center and before surrounds....Thinking of eD a3-300. Looks like a lot of sub for $.

Also, I am wondering what receivers people like with their Klipsch. I currently have two Yamaha receivers. An rxv450 and an HTR5740. Both are/were entry level $300-400 receivers. 85x6 channels. So I am planning out my upgrades on a receiver as well. Looking at yamaha rxv1700 and Pioneer elite vsx91txh.

Anyhow. Asked a million questions to anyone who cares to chime in. thanks.

Tlendy,

Welcome to the Form. As far as the RF82's go, you need the best center to correctly match your main speakers. Get the RC 62 and wait till later for the surround speakers if necessary..............

Your ideas about the Yamaha RXV1700 or the Pioneer are good choices. Just find one that your comfortable with and that is easy to operate.............

Never heard of that model sub................maybe you found a diamond in the rough.............Good Luck, and have a safe New Year.!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12618162

Pretty funny that you posted the AVS forum. I made a comment in that forum about the eD a3-300. You probbaly noticed that though. Thanks for the info.

So do you have any insight as to what warm means. And also, why exactly do you go with an rc62 vs an rc52? Does the rf82 overpower the 5 1/4 center?

Have a good new year.

t,

From the Klipsch site.........

RC-62 Center Channel

As the leading supplier to the cinema industry, Klipsch understands that a movie falls apart if every whisper of dialog is not heard. With its superior technology and elegant design, the Reference Series RC-62 center channel delivers all of the detail, subtleties and dynamics required for the ultimate home theater experience.

Features

• High-performance center channel
  • Tapered Array™ design for maximum dialogue clarity
  • Magnetically shielded drivers to prevent video interference