Concealing Cables

vandec54

Hello All

I have recently moved my home theater to a room in the basement. Lucky for me, along side one of the walls is a closet. This closet isn't your traditional closet, it has sheet rock and plaster covering the entire area between my "theater room" and the closet. It only has 1 hinge style door for access. I wish to run my speaker cables into this closet and then out to my rear surround speakers. My question is: can you provide me with a link/picture of a "face plate" I can use where my speaker wire goes into the closet and then back out to my rear speakers? The "face plate" would cover up the hole I drill into the closet. Thanks

That is a great ideal. I helped a friend of mind finish his basement and this is what we used. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062684&cp=&sr=1&origkw=speaker+wall+plates&kw=speaker+wall+plates&parentPage=search That would be right behind the TV. This would be at each surround speaker, http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062683&cp=&sr=1&origkw=speaker+wall+plates&kw=speaker+wall+plates&parentPage=search.

I hope everything works out.

James

I recently spotted a complete media room wiring center at Lowes for 80 bucks that had 7.1 binding posts, some quantity of COAX 'F' connectors, Ethernet and power included IIRC, and a bunch of nockouts for keystone jacks to add more ethernet, F, speaker, BNC, and who knows what else...

I've gotta go to Lowes tonite to pick up some plumbing parts... I'll get a name and model number (I'm seriously considering buying one of these out of principle.... My rack is a mess!)