Heresy crossover board location

ecir40

Is there any particular reason why the boards are mounted to the side of the cabinet? This makes them dificult to remove and work on being the mid is partly in the way. I am thinking about relocating them to the bottom and secure them with some industrial velcro.

I've wondered about that, too. Don't know why, but I have also noticed that it makes access somewhat challenging because of the need to work around the mid horn driver.

One thought, it wouldn't be a problem to move it to the bottom of the cab. I don't recall if the factory wiring is long enough to manage that, though.

I'd suggest to use the wood screws to secure it to the bottom. Velcro would probably be adequate unless shipped, but you could secure the crossover and be done with that from now on by using the screws to attach it to the cab.

The riser's I built look just like the H III's but are 3/8" taller in the front and rear. The noticable differance is in the bottom end, almost an effect like a sub wouldn't be needed for the Heresy now which is a good thing. This make sense since just changing the wires shouldn't of had an effect unless it was a resistance thing with the wire being longer and bigger in gauge.