Denon AVR 3300 - I need a friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbird1

Hi All,

FINALLY, I just locked,loaded and mounted my RS-3's. Damn they look good !! To keep the wife somewhat happy, she's free to put as many freakin Beeney Babies as she wants to on top of 'em !!

Down to business:

I'm stuck in "5 Channel Stereo." I did this about 6 months ago when I only had the RC-3 and RB-5's.

Now (with the RS-3's) it's time to get buzy!

The sound in tight enough but I'm not getting any directional rotation (rears) from this mode. When I toss 'er into "Direct, Dobly/DTS, DDSC, DTS, I only get the Center Channel ???" NO MAS !

Whatever I do I can't get any sound other than the center.

By dawn tomorrow this manual maybe in the bottom of the cat box !!

Is there something I'm missing in the System Setup?

I've been through it a dozen times.

Denon makes a superb product but they should really have their own site for forum/discussion.

I truly have a very long way to go!!

RS-3

RC-3

RB-5

DENON-3300 (Manual instructions headache included)

Many Thanks

tbird

You're hitting the wrong buttons. I can't remember the receiver exactly but I beleive there is a "Surround Mode" button with a small dial, right below the volume nob. Switch to Pro Logic, which will automatically switch to DD, DTS when such a signal is sensed. You should also be able to access these formats with the remote. You can also try matrix, etc. see which one you like best. Good luck.

------------------

My Home Theater

Hi Doug,

I'm getting "5 channel Stereo" out of all speakers, but only center channel from any other mode. I've gone into setup and added Speaker Config a few days ago. That's when I got the rears to kick in. But why only in 5 channel?

No doubt I'm overlooking a standard/simple function, but I'm not sure what it is ?