jbl SCS SAT 30 vs klipsch quintet 3

ilovesound

Hi, i was at best buy today and they have the jbl 5.1 channel scs sat-30 satellite speaker set for $450, i have recently purchased the quintet 3 series speaker package and wanted other peoples opinion on whether i should return the klipsch and get the jbl. i asked somebody at best buy and he said i should keep the klipsch, but there are other people that will tell me to go with jbl. i have listened to the jbls and they sound kind of high pitched to me like dull, but im no audiophile so i have no idea. if a speaker sounds good to me ill like it, but i have no idea about anything else. Thanks

• Moderators

Did you get a sub with the Quintet's ?

My son-in-law has the Quintets in his bedroom, they sound very good considering they are not a big speaker.

My opinion would be keep the Quintets and if you didn't get a sub get one ! The Quintets need a sub, they don't play deep enough on their own. With a sub they will sound better than any HTIB and many of the other speakers in their size and price range. I would be willing to bet you are not going to find a better sound for even a couple hundred more.