crossover question-capacitors-

InVeNtOr

i am attempting to upgrade my crossover network. with the help of BEC he has recommended that i only change my caps. i pulled the crossovers out last night and had a look see...

the current caps are "Flysound Bi-Polar." can anyone tell my any specks on those caps? the network looked really nice, great solder jobs, very neat and clean. the only upgrades i am going to do is change out the caps, upgrade the wire, and look into to some new binding posts. does anyone know of any type of binding posts where the wire is completely covered? i don't really know how to explain it in detail, but in a nut shell, i don't want any strands of wire showing. what i don't want to have to do, i get new posts, and then get a sealed banana plug, something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BELKIN-AV54004-PureAV-Do-It-Yourself-Gold-Banana-Plugs_W0QQitemZ200182916651QQihZ010QQcategoryZ32861QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

thanks in advance....

okay...no answers....maybe the question is not clear....

does anyone know the tolerance percentage in the OEM capacitor, "Flysound Bi-Polar," in a klipsch KLF 10.?

i checked Parts express and they have some 5% daytons and 1% daytons. i don't want to attempt to upgrade my caps if they already have a low tolerance percentage.

the other question i have is, the wire posts on the back of the back of the speakers, i don't like the posts my speakers have. i want to change them out to a post that competely seals off the wire. i don't want to have to buy a banana plug and install that to the wire and then have to plug in the banan plug to that connection, i am trying to eliminate one whole extra set of plugs.

Those plugs in your posting are BFA plugs, not the usual banana plugs. They do work very well and I use them with almost all of my connections. However, I'm not sure what you mean when you call them "sealed bananas". The insulating sleeves in that photo could give an impression that they're sealed, but they're like most other connectors with a slip-over plastic sleeve.

At any rate, there should not be any wires sticking out once the connectors are properly installed on the ends of the speaker cables. Eliminating the connectors is easy, just attach the bare wires to the binding posts, although it's extremely unlikely that you would hear any difference. If you then applied silicone seal to the whole connection, the wire would be sealed off.

There may be another type of binding post that accepts bare wire so it's sealed off from the air (if that's what you're after), but I've never seen it.

when i ment by sealed, i meant no bare wires showing. your last statement is what i was looking for. i don't like the direct hook up when you insert your wire and then mash it down to the post. i was looking for something more clean looking. i am going to get some banana plugs and new posts to acomplish this.