Crown XTI-2000..........

SWL

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what I think is happening mas is even though this is an rf-83 picture of the binding post it still holds true for his rf7.

bindingposts.jpg

What I believe he is doing is removing the metal piece and putting one xti 2000 to the lf and one to the high frequency and not removing the passive crossover that are inside the rf-7 thus doing fool's bi amping. What the dual binding post really allow is the capability to bi wire not bi amp as some people believe that it helps even without any scientific evidence but Klipsch understands this fault but does it anyway due to market perception.

Unsuccessful in talking to anyone at Crown today about the lights........on hold for over ten minutes so I left them a message.

Previously I was fools bi-amping with Crown XLS-series amps. Since I purchased the XTI's I hooked them up for the highs and kept the XLS's on the lows. Tomorrow I'm gonna go with just the XTI's............no bi-amping.

Disconnected the active crossover this morning along with the XLS series amps. Hooked up the XTI's normal............and well.......you know the rest.

Also..........the signal lights are operating as they should. How bout that!!

What's next?

what I think is happening mas is even though this is an rf-83 picture of the binding post it still holds true for his rf7.

bindingposts.jpg

What I believe he is doing is removing the metal piece and putting one xti 2000 to the lf and one to the high frequency and not removing the passive crossover that are inside the rf-7 thus doing fool's bi amping. What the dual binding post really allow is the capability to bi wire not bi amp as some people believe that it helps even without any scientific evidence but Klipsch understands this fault but does it anyway due to market perception.

Yes, that is correct. I believe that the cheap active crossover that I "was" using degraded the sq significantly. (Berringer 2310)

..............Had the day off today and I've been listening to the XTI 2000's for a good part of the day. These amps have some serious power and a sound quality that is very easy on the ears compared to the XLS series. Now that I'm using these amps I will not be bi-amping.

However, I would like to clear this up. Jay got it right............The way I was bi-amping (fool's) was by removing the jumper on the back of the speaker and ran an amp to the HF's and another amp to the LF's using an active crossover. I apologize for the lack of detail. I NEVER touched the internal crossover in the RF-7. I want to make that clear because that's where some of the confusion stemmed from.

That being said, is this safe? I'm sure there are some obvious risks (too much power,etc.) but if I had to go back to using my XLS's I'd bi-amp them in the same fashion in a heartbeat. I was very pleased with what it did I just wish I had a better active crossover at the time. I don't want to drag this out but I have friends that are doing likewise and are also pleased with the outcome of this "tweak".

My opinion in part is it comes down to how you like your music to sound. Some people want it flawless and some want to raunch it up a little depending on what type of music they're listening to.

All the comments are very much appreciated. I'm still very much a newbie. Great place to spend time and learn. Thanks again, Scott.