Best choice amp / pre amp for Klipsch RF-7's

jfsing

Hello,
I'm a new member here at Klipsch. I'm currently looking for a 2 channel amp 200 watts plus, no more than $1500.00 and a pre amp under $1000. I was thinking about purchasing a Sunfire 300x2 or BAT VK500. Maybe a tube pre amp to tame the horns slightly, like an Audio Research SP14. But not sure if this would be the right choice of amplifier or pre amp.
My room size is 17x22 I like to listen to a variety of music loud. From Heavy Metal to Blues also music DVD's like Fleetwood Mac. Within a year or so I would like to buy a turntable. I'm fairly new at this audio stuff. Mix and matching of components not sure??

Current set-up:
Yamaha rx-v995, Klipsch RF-7's, Klipsch RC-7,
Klipsch RS-7, Klipsch KSW-12 & HTPC.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks,

Being your pursuing 2 channel, a Rotel RB-1080 amp, and a tubed pre amp. This gives a fair amount of flexibility in sound via tube "rolling" in the preamp, and the 1080 is very capable when paired with the 7's.

The Rotel can be had for $900 new, less on the used market, and leaves the balance of your budget for the "best" pre you can afford.

• 2 weeks later...