Custom 3 When will they be Released???

marems

My concern is that while we Kipsch supporters that have been sitting by quietly and patiently waiting for notification of availability AND without any way to get on a purchase waiting list, dealers/distributors have been sending in orders for normal retail distribution. If this is so, Klipsch will have such a back order that it may be 2009 before we will be able to order direct from klipsch with the promised introductory price. I would have been happier to have been able to get on a waiting list than what we are facing now. I just hope that Klipsch has OUR intrests in mind while this delay continues.

• Moderators

I'll be perfectly honest here...

The problem is these have proved to be very difficult to make, and it's slow going out of the gate. I have exactly 10 units available as of this morning reserved for online sales at klipsch.com. We have very few additional units left for reviews and dealers, but they will all be given equal consideration. It will not be 2009 before you can order from us.

Production will be ramping up within the next few weeks. The issue I have with the mere 10 units available is obviously this isn't enough to launch a promotion to a huge database, but neither do I want to punish early adoptors by having them pay full price. So we are in a holding pattern.

Rest assured, these are being built, and they will be sold on klipsch.com soon.

I understood about the production difficulties surrounding the Custom 3s. This delay is not the focus of my concern. My concern ONLY is about how fulfillment will be prioritized. That is why I'm just a little confused with your reply. I have been monitoring both the Custom 3 product/order page, this forum AND my e-mail, and I NEVER saw an opportunity to place my order for the Custom 3s. Yet both some posters here and your reply indicate that SOME people did manage to get on some preorder list. How did THEY do it, and how can I? I would sure feel better if I knew where I stood (order number) in the fulfillment line. Right now I have absolutely no idea not only WHEN I will be able to order, but WHERE my order would be in the line and IF my order would have any priority over retail distribution orders. There has been no policy statement about this. And unfortunately your reply does not clarify the policy regarding my concern.

• Moderators

Amazon.com has a preorder list, we do not. I do not have any idea when the Amazon orders will be fulfilled. If they receive 10 units, they will likely sell them. I am waiting until I receive enough inventory to launch a promotion. You can order from us when that happens. I'm sorry I don't have specific information and dates yet--when you're dealing with customs and shipping, it is very difficult to say "we will have X amount on X day." It's also very difficult to manage when demand is exponentially higher than supply.

... It's also very difficult to manage when demand is exponentially higher than supply. ...

Sounds like a winner. This is a nice problem to have except you'd much prefer to be able to meet the initial demand at least. I really think people will be extremely happy with the Custom 3

You are dancing very agilly around my question, but "This delay is not the focus of my concern. My concern ONLY is about how fulfillment will be prioritized. " To put it as plainly as possible, WHERE does a 'Klipsch.com' online order from a single customer fall within the high volume of retail distrubution oders comming in every day.? These retail distribution orders keep comming in AHEAD of our ability to get in line through 'Kipsch.com'. WHEN we do get in line, WHERE does our order sit?

PLEASE answer this question directly - no more dancng around it. "Enquiring Minds" and concerned customers want to know! If you don't know, find out.

• Moderators

I'm not dancing--the question you are asking does not have an answer.

I am given an allotment of headphones when shipments arrive--quantities that are reserved for direct sales only. They will be divided based on the number of units received and when the next shipment is scheduled. The remaining units are distributed however sales deems fit. My aim is to have at least 50 available for online before I make them live for sales so I can send a promotional email. I don't want to send one and run out of stock in 10 minutes.

Once they run out, I put them on backorder status (no order can go through) and we have to wait for the next shipment. Your order does not "sit" in a line--if they are available online and you order, then your order will ship.

Please keep in mind that we are a manufacturer, not a retailer. We make some products available online as a convenience to our customers, if that particular sales channel allows it. It is not something the company as a whole focuses on, although I do what I can to make its voice heard.

These retail distribution orders keep comming in AHEAD of our ability to get in line through 'Kipsch.com'.

I'm uncertain why you have come to that conclusion, when in reality no Custom-3s have been shipped to anyone (or any dealer) yet?

Thank you for the clarification. Your "allotment" is seperate from the bulk sent out for distribution.

"[Donald1800"]These retail distribution orders keep comming in AHEAD of our ability to get in line through 'Kipsch.com'

"I'm uncertain why you have come to that conclusion, when in reality no Custom-3s have been shipped to anyone (or any dealer) yet?"

The key word in my statement was "orders", not sales or delivery. Every business has to prioritize and allot backordered product based upon some criteria - usually based upon ORDER receipt DATE, order quantity and sometimes perceived importance/performance ranking of the business. Again, my concern was that these retail distribution orders are not STOPPED as are ours. Therefore, these growing backorders will, if nothing else, affect YOUR allotment for online sales.

I know that you have no control over this proccess of allotment. I just wanted to know how the policy of not allowing a preorder list will affect the availability for online sales. I can now see that the affect is severe.

these earphones are taking too long....sorry but I have been waiting really patiently but I need to move on specially when you need them to pactice and instrument as loud as drums every day. Wish you guys the best of luck with the custom 3,I would of loved to get a pair but I really need them right now before I get sent to bootcamp.

Thanks you for all your responses........Good luck!