Epic CF-3 and THX 650 center

NimaBeamer

Hi dear Klipsch Community,

I am looking for a new center for my Klipsch CF-3 Ver. 1. As it is nearly impossible to find a KV4 or even a KLF C7 here in Germany, I decided to purchase a THX 650 center which has, according to its specs, a similar Tratrix horn as the Epics and a similar sensitivity. According to my dealer these or even the Heresy (but it does not fit under my screen) would match the Epics (more than the new RC 64).

Any thoughts and comments?

Thanks

Nima

Sorry to hear about the limited choices and difficulty finding the proper center on the used market. Obviously, the Heresy and THX 650 are available new from your dealer. However, they were not made to go with the CF-3 at all, so they may or may not work well. Threads about the Epic series do not seem to come up on this forum very often, so there may not be anyone able to comment on your exact situation. See if your dealer will let you audition both with the option of returning them if they don't sound right. Another speaker from the CF line makes a perfect center, if you can find one and if your available space allows it. You can post a WTB (wanted to buy:) ad on this site and on Audiogon.com. That's about all I can recommend other than waiting, waiting, waiting for the right center to become available.

Hopefully, someone else may have more information.