ProMedia 4.1 Potentiometer Manufacturer's Number

Bozok

I see on the forum that there are many inquiries about the ProMedia 4.1 control pods (CP-1), so I’m sorry to bring it up again. Could somebody provide me the specifications / manufacturer’s part numbers for the three potentiometers on the CP-1? (They are all different). I know they are made by Taiwan Alpha (http://www.taiwanalpha.com/), or at least the ones in my control pod are. I believe the mfr. # for the subwoofer potentiometer is RD701F-20B1-15F-B10K, but I’m not sure about the other two.

The reason I am asking is because they are making that characteristic staticy noise. I tried electrical parts cleaner months ago, and it seemed to fix the problem, but the problem has come back and the electrical parts cleaner is not doing the trick now. I’d like to just order the potentiometers and solder new ones on. My system is working perfectly except for the three potentiometers. I doubt anymore fiddling with these potentiometers will bring much benefit...

Also, do you all have recommendation on a store / website to order the potentiometers? I know Mouser Electronics sells Taiwan Alpha products. Otherwise, could someone tell me of a place I can get a CP-1 in good working order? (The Klipsch store is backordered.)

Thanks much! Joshua

If I cannot manage to get some new potentiometers, I'd be interested in buying a control pod, preferably new, but if an old one works well, that would be good too. But the volume control knobs would have to work perfectly on it, because that is the whole reason I'd be buying it, for those knobs.

I could probably even desolder the potentiometers off a v2.400 control pod and solder them on my 4.1 control pod. (That way I could keep the headphone jack and power button.) Does anyone know if they are exactly the same?

I can not say for sure, but I will take a look later on today since I have both pods, actually I have all three pods, the V.2-400, the 4.1 and the CP-1.

I would imagine that they use the same potentiometers, but I will look into that sometime between now and Monday..

Oh, I thought the CP-1 was the control pod for the ProMedia 4.1 system? How are they different?

Anyways, I'm going away for the weekend, so I'll check this forum after I get back! Thanks for the help all!

• 1 month later...

I too am looking for the same information. Did you ever find the answer? I have the original Promedia without the headphone jack. I'm only trying to replace the volume pot. The pot on mine is made by KIE. I'm not looking for an exact replacement KIE unit, I'm looking for the KIE pot's specifications. With that information I hope to find a quality volume control that I would mount externally and wire it to my circuit board after removing the faulty pot.

• 2 weeks later...

For you guys that have scratchy POTs, a little dab of DeOxit can cure these. I used some on mine a year ago and the noise has stayed away... However, the DIN connector has gone bad and I haven't found a replacement yet. I really would love to get a CP-1 but I haven't found one for sale in ages.

For the moment, I am driving the sattelites with an external amp and they sound fantastic. I would like to get my sub back, however...

Luckily, the resistors on my amp unit look fine. My speakers are almost 9 years old and still sound great.

DeOxit does work great. Made a BIG improvement for my scratchy volume but unfortunately my left channel is still intermittent. Search eBay for "DIN PLUG REPAIR" and you'll find a listing that should help you out with your connector problem.

(Could you imagine if Klipsch made cars and when yours needed repair they tell you they don't make your model anymore, they don't repair it anymore, and all the parts used in it are secret? That's some business model!)

SCircuit coming through for me, lol, let me know how that plug works for you and thanks for helping to advertise for me.

I can replace your 4.1 DIN plug if you need it done, I can even test it to determine if it is what you need done, E-Mail me for more details. I do all models/variations of the 4.1 system. to test a 4.1 will cost $6.50 plus $5.50 return shipping(Priority Mail) and a plug replacement is $30.00(shipping already included) if you want it tested first and it still need replacement total cost is then $31.50

I can not say for sure, but I will take a look later on today since I have both pods, actually I have all three pods, the V.2-400, the 4.1 and the CP-1.

I would imagine that they use the same potentiometers, but I will look into that sometime between now and Monday..

Oh, I thought the CP-1 was the control pod for the ProMedia 4.1 system? How are they different?

Anyways, I'm going away for the weekend, so I'll check this forum after I get back! Thanks for the help all!

no, there are three differant versions. first was the V.2-400, then the 4.1 which is basicially the exact same thing, just differant wiring in the pod and then the CP-1 which was an upgrade pod from klipsch for both systems, but still, the subwoofer systems are all the same and fully compatable with each other.