21" Tekton's w/ Cornscalas

tim3

I have a pair of Cornwalls,which are being converyed into Cornscalas w/ CT-125 tweeters.I got lucky & ended up getting a Tekton 21" woofer that wghs. 85 lbs. & retails for about $1400 or more.I also have a JBL 18" 2241G woofer($600).I got the JBL before the Tekton.I'm running my Cornscalas w/ 2 bridged Bryston 4B's and was planning on getting another 18" woofer before I got the 21" Tekton.I have an Adcom 555ll amp. I'm dedicating to the woofers.My question is,should I build a cabinet and put the 21" Tekton & 18" JBL in it and use it as one subwoofer for the system,or should I get another 21" woofer use one 21" woofer for each Cornscalas and just use the 18" JBL for soething else.Also,do you think the Adcom 555ll(200wpc) is too much for the subs.and I can get plenty w/ an Adcom 545(100WPC).I don't want to use the Adcom 555ll for just the subs. if 100 WPC would be plenty,because I have other things I can do w/ the 555ll.Thanks for any & all help.Tim.

Seeing I posted this to get some much neede advice from a forum that I've found has a lot of valuable knowledge,I think you should take that same coat hanger and put it around your neck to keep your nasty sarcism in.

Wow....I think the headphone comments was a joke....

It's alright, I think this guy is a joke (troll).

Anyone who actually owned either of these drivers would have researched them before buying them, and wouldn't have to ask these kind of questions.

My guess is they were bought out of the trunk of somebody's car in a back alley.

The Tekton 21SB is only 90dB/W and needs at least 1KW to take advantage of it's performance. The Vas is about 54 cu ft and it is intended to be in a large sealed box (around 6 cu ft would give a Qtc close to .707 with an F3 of around 35hz)

The JBL 2241 is 98dB with a Vas of 11 cu ft intended for a vented box (around 8.75 cu ft with an Fb=33hz will have an F3=41hz, and be 102dB/2.83V1M because the G is 4 ohms).

Here is a nice 6-1/2" Tangband in a tapped corner horn design.

Posted Image

While the Tangband 6-1/2" in a tapped corner horn has more output at 35hz with 100W than the Tekton 21 with 1KW, how about a corner horn with two 15s with two 12.5" by 39.4" mouth openings (about the same size as a Klipschorn/Jubilee)?

Posted Image