klipsch quintet

ilovesound

Hi, i have a sony str-dg600, and a klipsch quintet 3 setup. i have been noticing lately that the sound really isnt to my standards, especially on music. So i was wondering if it could possibly be the receiver, or the fact that my subwoofer is a 30 watt onkyo subwoofer, or that the quintets just suck? I really just want a great complete home theater system for under $800, and the quintets sounded the best under that price range. So please give me your opinion on the matter.

• Moderators

I don't know about the Sony you have but my son in law has the Quintets and they sound good. check the settings on the receiver, also a 30 watt onkyo sub is not much of a sub, and satellite speakers like Quintets need a good sub because they have no bass. You don't need a giant sub but 30 watts is sad for a sub, try the sub section of the forum and tell them what you have and you want to build a sub in whatever price range you have and get some ideas.