2.1 PROMEDIA SUBWOOFER ISSUE

Hi,

I have a quick question. I have a 2.1 promedia system and there is no sound coming from the subwoofer. The two satellite speakers work fine, but there is not even a peep from the sub. I was wondering if there was any way to test to see if it is the actual subwoofer driver or the amp. Thanks!

you can test the subwoofer on a home stereo by disconnecting the sub and running the leads (at a very low volume) directly to the subwoofer connections. if you hear sound, the speaker is probably fine. then you have to figure out if it is your Internal Amplifier for the Subwoofer, or your Control Pod Subwoofer preamp, which is what controls the amplifier to the subwoofer, (admin edit)

Hi,

Okay, I tested the sub out by connecting it to my home stereo and it works. I have 3 pair of promedia 2.1's (guess you could say I'm a fan!!) LOL. Anyways, I connected the subwoofer to a different control pod and the same thing happened, no sound from the sub. So I think it is safe to say that it is the subwoofer part of the amp. Is there anything I could look for in there to possibly repair it. I'm great a soldering. Thanks for your response!

you can start by looking for some damaged resistors in the amplifier that feeds the subs, but it is hard to say. I wish i knew more about circuitry and resistors etc cause I could save myself a good ammount of money and also make a good ammount in return. so in this field you should be talking with Electronics Experts, which I am not.