Onkyo TXSR605 speaker setup question

nezff

My current setup is: Fronts: RF62

frequency response 38Hz-23kHz +/-3dB

Center: RC 62

frequency response 57Hz-23kHz +/-3dB

sub: RW 10d

frequency response 28-120Hz +/-3dB

I have the Onkyo 605 and currently I have the sub set on its internal crossover to LFE MODE. The receiver setup is as follows

Subwoofer YES

Fronts FULL BAND

LPF of LFE 120hz not sure if I should set this to 80 or 100. I have no idea what the difference is or anything. please help a fellow klipsch fanatic with this new setup. thanks.

80Hz is the THX standard. If you set a subwoofer much higher than that it can start to sound boomy and you'll be able to tell where the sound is coming from easier. Subwoofers that are crossed over at 80z or lower will usually be harder to locate, that is you won't usually be able to tell the sound is coming from the little box in the corner. [:)]

My current setup is: Fronts: RF62

frequency response 38Hz-23kHz +/-3dB

38 Hz is not Full Band, I advise using 10-20 Hz above the -3 db down point, so try 50 Hz. (Onkyo allows a different xover freq for each speaker set)

Center: RC 62

frequency response 57Hz-23kHz +/-3dB

Also Small- at the THX recommended 80 Hz.

sub: RW 10d

frequency response 28-120Hz +/-3dB

I have the Onkyo 605 and currently I have the sub set on its internal crossover to LFE MODE. The receiver setup is as follows

I'm not sure what the LFE mode is, but with the other speakers at their set crossover, any signal filtered from their channels + the .1 LFE channel on the disc should be routed to the subwoofer. Then on the RW you'd turn the LFE OFF, because the receiver is doing all the crossover functions.

Subwoofer YES

Fronts FULL BAND

LPF of LFE 120hz not sure if I should set this to 80 or 100. I have no idea what the difference is or anything. please help a fellow klipsch fanatic with this new setup. thanks.

My responses are underlined.

Michael

I have the RF-82s, RC-62 and RS-42s and Onkyo 805 and here how I set mine:

RF-82s at 80Hz

RC-62 at 90Hz

RS-42s at 100Hz

LFE at 100Hz.

That's the lowest that I can go without speakers sounding muddy and the hi frequency all unclean.

for some reason full band sounds good. but i did run my RF62s at 60hz, my RC62 at 60hz and LFE at 120hz. I had to bump up the sound volume to +6db for some reason it sound like less bass when I crossed them over. dont know why, I guess because when you run everything at full band, double bass setting is on inside the ONKYO. thanks