Speaker Connectors - Bipedence

Porsche

More questions...

On my RF-3's and my RC-3 - I have a total of 4 speaker inputs.

Thus, I was talking to an audiophile, and they suggest, no, insist that I get some banana plugs (to make things easier) and hook them into my receiver and speakers.

From there, I would have two sets of wires coming from my Left Channel and two sets of wires coming from my Right Channel (FRONTS - Main speakers) for a total of 8 wires.

2 + and 2 - to my left, and 2 + and 2 - for my right.

I understand that the upper connectors (inputs) are for hi's, and the lower connectors are the subwoofer.

The other way to do this is to go high-end, and buy a power amp and all that stuff to really give proper amounts of power, but using banana plugs and more speaker wire will give more accurate sound to the speakers from the receiver.

Thoughts?

------------------

Onkyo TX-DS575X(B) Receiver

Sony DVPS 560D DVD Player

Klipsch RF-3

Klipsch RS-3

Klipsch RC-3

Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer

Sony 32" WEGA TV

Forgot to mention that my Center channel speaker (RC-3) also has 4 inputs.

Can the same thing be done with this?

------------------

Onkyo TX-DS575X(B) Receiver

Sony DVPS 560D DVD Player

Klipsch RF-3

Klipsch RS-3

Klipsch RC-3

Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer

Sony 32" WEGA TV

Bi-wire is where you run two separate strands to the same set of speakers from the same Amp.

Bi-amping is where you have two amps, one running the highs, the other running the lows. each is output to a loudspeaker(or to separate louspeakers), though to different drivers within that set of speakers.

I have a set of MIT Bi-Wire cables. The end that connects to the amp (for each side) has two leads one + and one -. After the patented MIT box, the cable splits into four leads. One set is intended for the connection to the high drivers, the other set is intended to connect to the low driver of my loudspeaker. I'm not sure that the sound is any better than the MIT single wire cables that I borrowed before purchasing these. I do know though that the MIT single wire cables were a zillion times better than typical gauge monster cable in Bi-Wire configuration.

I have used Banana plugs for a number of years. The banana plug ends to the MIT cables seemed to improve the sound over running the bare end into my screw-down posts. Not sure if I detected a difference with my normal Banana plugs on Monster cable, but the ease of use was a big selling point.

I'll let someone else get into the technical arguments.

I would also bi-wire your rf-3 and rc-3. If your runs to your center and mains are short (say under 12 feet), you might consider trying a fairly cheap bi-wire option for these speakers. Monster makes a 4 x 14ga bulk cable (2 pair of 14ga in one casing). You can terminate the ends yourself if you want, or just twist together the bare ends. I used Monster twist-crip banana plugs for convenience. For each cable/speaker: at the receiver end twist black and green together and connect to -. Twist white and red together and connect to +. At the speaker, remove the metal jumpers and connect black to one -, green to the other -, red to one +, and white to the other +. Easy and tidy option for bi-wiring, and you should be able to buy this wire at a local shop for around $.90 a foot. This has worked quite well for me for bi-wiring my KLF-20s. Perhaps I'll upgrade in the future, but sounds great for now.