Question for Justin_tx

ETFBlade

Alright, I am in the depths of promedial hell now. 3rd set of klipsch speaker replacements have arrived (from klipsch.com NOT best buy), and they still cease to function properly. The first ones wouldn't turn on. Second ones overheated. Now these have distortion in the bass in the satellites and the bass when turned up over 1/4 max vol. I have a Hercules Game Theatre XP sound card. I have tried every computer setting and that does not seem to work, before I throw in the towel, oh wise answering machine, can u inform me as to where the klipsch should be plugged into the xp sound card, and any possible comp fixes for distortion (besides a sledgehammer). Thnx

you gotta a bad set from klipsch... wtf? don't they test them before they send them out... i just emailed them for an RMA because my current set doesn't turn on.. just like ur first set...

did they charge you for shipping?... and did they pay you back for the shipping you had to pay to send them back?

Shipping is free for the first 30 days.

Get a portable cd player and use that as your source for audio to the ProMedia speakers, you can get a Y-Stereo Mini adapter if you want to get 4.1, but one cord at a time will work just fine. Play some music, does it sound any better? It is very weird that you have gotton 3 defective sets but I guess anything can happen.

1. Never turned on.

2. Over heated sub

3. Distortion

Also, try another computer, power outlet, remove al lthe cords and put them back in, clean the mini plugs with ethenol alcohol, and if none of this fixes it, send them back.

You say that you have them set to 1/4 OVER the max volume... what do you mean by this? That would for certain cause SERVRE distortion! cwm36.gif Would be curious to know how you got it that high anyways! LoL! Do you mean 1/4 to the max, like at only 25% power? You should not have distortion here unless your source, your computer, is set to full power volume and your equalizer is off the charts, make it flat where everything lines up in the center.

Hope some of this helps. Let me know what happens.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

they prepay the shipping. you should be ok since you filed your claim before 31 days.

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

yes, they do test the speakers.

------------------

-justin

ETFBlade, forget it man. Stop shooting yourself in the foot with these defective sets. I went through FOUR sets and that was last November when it happened. Obviously they haven't taken the proper measures to deal with these lemons. F@ck man, get a refund there are other alternatives out there.

------------------

Education is an admirable thing. But it is well

to remember from time to time that nothing that

is worth knowing can be taught.

OW

Justin,

I meant 1/4 of the max volume..meaning 25%. I have not gotten around to trying the speakers w/ alternate sources. I should be receiving a new computer soon along with a new sound card, and will try them out on the new computer as well as my pocket pc as there is a stereo jack for that. The comp volume is at 1/2 and all equalizers, (winamp and the hercules game theatre xp console,) are set at an even flat level in the middle. I bought these speakers almost 6 months ago now and have yet to find a working pair. ::sigh:: Thinking of asking for a refund and going somewhere else if it won't work on the other equipment.