Center and Surrounds for LSII's

PYRO

Now that I have had my LSII's for a couple weeks I am now thinking about center and surrounds. I am ok with HIII's for surrounds but can a single HIII really server as a center and match the LSII's

BTW - Anyone know when Klipsch is going to release the "New Heritage Center Channel?" And no I am not talking about the HIII.

So how do you like those LS II's? [:)] I have been enjoying mine since November. I was getting ready to post the same question. Of course everyone is going to tell you that another LS II's would be the perfect center, but I simply have no space for it! Right now I am using an Academy with the Popbumper upgrade. The network upgrade made a big difference in the Academy, but it's not quite enough to match the LS II's, so I have been thinking about an HIII also, I guess my question would be can I lay it on it's side? Using Forte II's for back surrounds, which is really kind of a waste, but I refuse to give up my Forte's [:)]

I love my new lascalas. Of course they will be better when I move into my new house (Bigger Room). But even then another lascala used as a center wil not work for me. Well maybe!!!!!!

I am crossing my fingers for a Heritage Center that is up to speed with the LSII's and is designed more like today's center channels. If that makes sense. I know, I know that the Hersey was designed to be a center for the Khorns. But then why are they so different. You can't tell me the HIII has the premium crossover and components that are in the Khorn or LSII's.

Just wondering the differences across the board.

I am planning on going to on the June trip to Klipsch. So maybe I can get some demos or some ideas. Don't need the surrounds until this fall.

That Academy should be matching pretty well, although down in volume a bit.

We've heard a lot of requests like this. Trust me, we've heard you guys.

A H III would work, but unless you're at some distance or can live with a smaller sweet spot, I wouldn't turn it on it's side.

As for Surrounds... the THX 525's work pretty good for me.. You want it to be firing kinda against the walls... Not necessarliy at you.. Sprayed.

Until Klipsch makes a surround with 2 k-77 tweeters and with 2 mids of some type and a woofer ..(gonna be big here....IMO)

Heresey speakers in the rears would work as well. You want them kinda together and behind you, AND at same height as your surrounds.

Go look at the THX, Dolby, and DTS sites for speaker placement.

The important thing is the Left, Center, and Right speakers working together, so it feels seamless with action moving on the screen.

The Palladium surrounds tweeters and mids match up EXACTLY with the Left, Center, (which also has the same mid horn and driver and High tweeter) ,and Right, speakers... Kudos to Klipsch here.. It is awesome!

My HT and 2CH are one system. But I agree wiith Indy about the timbre match. My TV is a 46" Flat Panel, a LaScala underneath it would be way to big. The idea is to keep your focus on the TV for HT. Well maybe for some............