Suggestions for older Klipsch system

Jake Ironshirt

Later this summer I'm going to order a Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K receiver and a Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu-Ray player. My Klipsch system is from 1997.
Klipsch synergy KSF 8.5 front
Klipsch synergy KSC C1 center
Klipsch synergy KSB 2.1 rear
Energy subwoofer ES-10
With upgrading the AVR and adding a Blu-Ray player will this fly or is it time to buy? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

Well first off, welcome to the board..

2) Listen to what you have first when the new equipment arrives.

3) Determine a budget.

4) What is your room layout?

5) What do you want to achieve too?

The Synergy line is a good mid priced, better than most, mid performance system too!

Yes, you can alsways go bigger and better from here... But that really is up to you on your dream wish of where your going?

Hope this helps!

You got 11 years out of the last system, do it right, and you might get 11+ years from here too!

Thank you for the welcome and the reply. Your right I don't want to jump the gun yet so I'll wait untill the gear arrives and go from there.

When I bought the Klipsch system 11 years ago I also bought a Mits.40" CRT digital TV and a Sony DVD player...life was simple. Now I have a HDTV, Dishnet and soon to have a new AVR and Blu-Ray player. My goal is to enjoy the new audio types from the Blu-Ray disks maybe my existing system will be able to do that. Room size is 12' from the front of the HDTV to the back of the chair, and 14' from the back of the chair to the back wall. Width is 16-17'.

Thank you