All RB-81 front stage?

jephdood

Has anyone set up three RB-81's across the front stage of their HT? Or, RB-35's?

I'm considering this possibility in my 20x20 HT room. Projector setup w/ 92" screen. Plenty of room to set up three RB's vertically.

Side question... I've read that the RB-35's could be a bit harsh.. and the RB-81's are toned down a bit in comparison. True? For this reason, I think I'd prefer the 81's to the 35's.

I bought a friend of mine a pair of Rb-35s and an Onkyo 502 then a friend of hers replaced it with a H/K. I think with H/K it actually sounds pretty laid back. So if you have a something like that it shouldn't sound harsh or bright at all. As far as haveing the same 3 speakers up front goes(and not bragging), I had 3 RF-7s up front and it sounded really good. It went from speaker to speaker seamlessly. In my mind what a better center then one that is exactly like your mains. I say go for it.

CD

I have almost what your seeking. I have RB 35's w/ RC 35 center. My Receiver is an HK 240. My space is only 12 x 20 but this system works well for me for HT and Music. The HK blends/works very nicely with my RB 35's............

Noticing that your space is bigger, maybe you should look at Floor Standing speakers..........possibly the RF 62's. Lots of folks here seem to really enjoy them.............Just an Idea.

RB35's now replaced by my Lovely Cornwalls !..............Whew baby!