How does the RF-83 Series play at lower volumes?

Hiccups

I'm intrested in purchasing the following...

FLR: Klipsch RF-83

Center: Klipsch RC-64

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-62

Sub: Klipsch RT-12d

AVR: Onkyo TX-SR875

...I'm quite certain they will play great loud. However for viewing with the wife (as is often the case), and night viewing, do they still retain nice clarity and detail when they are played softly? Will my wife still be wow'd by them even though she is more stingy with the knob?

Your proposed setup would sound great at any volume level in my opinion. I think it would come down to more about the size of your room. The 83's would probably shine a little bit more in a somewhat larger room, but that is subjective. The reason I love the 83's is that you know you can still turn them up if desired and they will still sound awesome. Let us know how it turns out if you make the purchase.

Welcome to the forum,

The sound that you will get out of the RF-83's at a low volume will be clear and detailed just the same if you have it cranked up. I currently have my RF-83's hooked up to an Outlaw 750 and it sounds great at 10 and still unbelievable at 40.

Tells us what you end up with and good luck.

James

• Moderators

I have the RF-83 paired with an HK receiver that only puts out 55 watts/ch. They sound great at high volume and are good at low volume. When I hooked up a separate amp, they sounded great at low volume. With the Onkyo pushing out 140 watts/ch they should sound very sweet at any volume with that receiver. Go for it!