Pics of My Legend HT

EricK

I would love to know more about your set up HornEd...LOL from that one pic it looks awesome. I definitely want to get my Legends sounding at the top!!

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Maniac :

6 KLF-20 as mains, surrounds, rears!

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to Aragon Stage 1 !)

EricK, I admire your Legend spirit! It looks like I have just made a deal for a second, brand-new-in-the-box KLF C7... which I will use with the KLF-C7 (that used to be my center) to make a pair of Legend Front Effects speakers.

I like to have my KLF-30's up close to the HDTV (and aimed at the middle of the sweetspot)... but like the spacious soundstage of them wider apart. My solution has been to use Front Effects speakers. I have even used a pair of KLF-10's inverted so the tweeters would be about 5' high. I think the C7's will do an even better job!

Of course, I cannot stress too much the importance of having a full-range KLF 30 in the center. In fact, experimentation has led me to set the "KLF-30C" on "LARGE" while all the other speakers are set to "SMALL." I think it helps anchor some of the high bass/low midrange sounds to the screen and improves timbre (which was already very good).

When I first got the idea to make a KLF-30 center, I was concerned that, because of its size, I would lose some of the definition as to where the sounds appeared to come from. This has not at all been the case. I was also concerned with the potential of unclear speech with two 12" woofers... after all, that is why they use tapered array's (one woofer cuts out in the voice frequency range)... but that hasn't been the slightest problem either.

Eric, I have never heard three speakers work together better than my three upfront KLF-30's... no joke... no pretentious gilding of the lily... just plain fact. If you ever have a chance to pick up a KLF-20 for your center... just try it standing vertically in front of your screen. I submit to you, that making it horizontal by changing out the motor board would make it even better. There is no doubt when anyone hears my system... a robust center equal to your mains should be the number one priority.

As I have said, many times on this Forum, the second most important speaker is the subwoofer. I did not notice one in your list of gear. I included this photo of a before and after shot of my twin SVS Ultras... which I have stacked for effect. Your KLF-20's are great speakers... but if you set them to "SMALL" and let a quality sub handle the "non-directional" frequencies (<90Hz) you will find that your 20's will sing an even richer and more accurate tune.

Well, keep those Legends alive and well fed. I'll post again when the latest round of tweaks has run its course. cwm15.gif HornEd

------------------

"LEADING 8 LEGENDS INTO THE 6.1 GENERATION!"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

in search of the Eternal Tweak!

Music Respite Room: Vintage Cornwall's in Transition

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

HornEd :

Thanks for all the advice...I am seriously considering another KLF20 for a center...lol

and for the subwoofer...I am running 2 at the moment...a Velodyne and M & K both 12" soon I will be changing out the M & k (seen its better days) for an Earthquake 12"

All speakers are set for 80hz x-over (THX) so my lows are going all subs...

Great photo...I love what you've done with the SVS's

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Maniac :

6 KLF-20 as mains, surrounds, rears!

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to Aragon Stage 1 !)

This message has been edited by EricK on 02-14-2002 at 11:32 PM

Eric,

I also own the 5700. How do you like it? I was wondering how you got so many CD Players connected to it. Do you just use the AUX inputs on the receiver?

Furthermore, I was looking a very long time for AV furniture but couldn't let myself spend so much on the racks like you have. That web site has beautiful AV furniture but no prices. How much did you spend if you don't mind me asking?

Lastly, on almost everybody's HT photos, I notice the tons of spaghetti wires running to the TV from the components. Does anyone have a clean method of disguising or hiding the mess of wires so it looks clean to the eye?

-User Name

Thanks for the kind words... since the posted photo I have added a pair of KLF-C7's to replace the SB-2's in the photo. Blends in better with the front three KLF-30's for an enormous soundstage reminiscent of K-horns from days gone by.

Here's a couple of wire hiding ideas that I have used in the past. One is built for it and available in office supply stores. It is designed to cover power cords between desks and generally comes in brown, black or white. Underneath, there is a channel big enough to do the job in most cases. Another way is to get some PVC or ABS plastic pipe and run it through. You can paint it to match carpet or walls. When I use PVC, I usually cut it in half so I don't have to hassle with stuffing and re-stuffing it between tweaks.

cwm40.gifAny other good ideas, Klipschers? HornEd

In a word, "YES" my audio system is given special attention in a comprehensive homeowners policy. Many standard homeowners policies are derived from the replacement value of the home. The theory is those who live in expensive homes have expensive things inside of them. Often that translates that you have more contents insurance than you are likely to collect on. So, to get all your paying for, find out how your A/V gear can be protected under your existing policy.

Check your policy closely or check with your agent. For example, investigate what it takes to prove your loss (like photos, receipts, etc.) and be sure to keep them in a safe place (other than your house, most likely).

It's a good question... thanks for asking.cwm16.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-23-2002 at 09:20 AM