Exotic Veneer 1984 Klipschorn Pair For Sale on Chicago Craigslist

Asking price seems high for a pair of 1984's since they will have the dreaded Type AK-2 crossovers, but the veneer is interesting.

One of a KIND Klipsch Horn Speaker - $4000

Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-04-04, 7:36PM CDT

These Speakers are very rare. They were made in the early 80's. I'm the only owner. They are made of rosewood, and were built with and have the orignal crossovers. They have been taken care of very well the wood is in good condition. The only reason we are getting rid of these one of a kind beauties is we are moving into a smaller place. So we would like to see them go to a good home. This is a sacrafice. For more info please call Mark at 574-870-8563 Thank you
regular wood designs go for 3 or 4 thousand
0101030115000116062008040428ba136c62880c 011500010300011607200804040b3d7125fd1d93
01010001160401030120080404c49d1aff741a47

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 630675158

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Are you sure Bill? 574-870-8563 is a Monticello Indiana cellular/PCS phone number.

While they were listed three other times (with a different Monticello Indiana PCS phone number 574-808-9941), 2-9-08 on the Tippecanoe Craigslist, 2-13-08 on the Indianapolis Craigslist, and 2-14-08 on the San Diego Craigslist (see below), it appears to me that since there is no Monticello, IN Craigslist that he listed these on two other local area Craigslist locations and perhaps the Craigslist where he is moving as referenced in his listing.

After getting no response in February, it seems he listed them yesterday on the Chicago Craigslist, presumably due to population in hopes he will attract that one buyer willing to pay his high price.

Other ads posted with the same 574-808-9941 phone number reference selling an old skating rink at 725 W Fisher St in Monticello Indiana, a huge garage sale at the same location, a car, houses, and a 454 engine for sale, all consistent with a person moving out of state.

One thing is for sure, if these sell for $4k, he will have gotten to use these for 24 years for free, since they retailed for less than that in 1984.
a pair of klipsch speakers early 80's edition made with exotic rosewood. We are the orginal owners. the wood has been taken care of. They were built with the crossover. The only reason we are getting rid of these rare beauties is because we are moving, I've had them 20 something years, i bought them when i lived in the west coast and moved to the mideast and now we are moving back west. This pair is in excellent condition. please call 574-808-9941 if you are interested and make an offer
regular wood grains go for 3 to 4 thousand
a pair of klipsch speakers early 80's edition made with exotic rosewood. We are the orginal owners. the wood has been taken care of. They were built with the crossover. The only reason we are getting rid of these rare beauties is because we are moving, I've had them 20 something years, i bought them when i lived in the west coast and moved to the mideast and now we are moving back west. This pair is in excellent condition. please call 574-808-9941 if you are interested and make an offer
These Speakers are very rare. They were made in the early 80's. I'm the only owner. They are made of rosewood, and were built with orignal crossovers. They have been taken care of very well the wood is in good condition. The only reason we are getting rid of these one of a kind beauties is we are moving into a smaller place. So we would like to see them go to a good home. So please make an offer. For more info please call Mark at 574-808-9941 Thank you
regular wood designs go for 3 or 4 thousand

i have a 79 price list and these sold for 1775 each. why are you guys so upset at his price. if i was in the market for them and they were in near mint condition i wouldn't have a problem with the price. you can get k-horns all day long for 2 grand. can you get rosewood k-horns for 2 grand. i doubt it. if you guys owned them what would you sell them for ???