Klipsch RF 52 & Rega Mira 3

dr.woo

Hi ,

I have the RF-52's, a Goldring 1.2 tt , Toshiba DVD/CD player & just got a Rega Mira 3 amp. It sounds much better than my Onkyo Receiver that was 10 yrs old.

I'm using the Onkyo for the tuner only now.

It seems to be missing some low end at times and I only am using 12 g copper speaker wire.

My audio store said the next step would be a better speaker wire( Cardas x link suggested @ $6.00 /ft & some nice interconnects after obne a new CD player was bought.

Does anybody have a set up like it? RF 52 & Rega Mira 3 ?

Any other integrated amp suggestions as the store would take it back if I'd like to switch.

THey have a Quinpu 1.0 aX 100 /side for about 600 or a shanling intergrated 1,200.

thansk WAyne

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have that particular set-up, but I will be using RF82 with Cursa3+Maia3 once I have bought the RF82's. For the moment using Quad 12L as speakers. So my post is pretty much useless at the moment, but I will hopefully be able to provide some feedback at a later point.

My audio store said the next step would be a better speaker wire( Cardas x link suggested @ $6.00 /ft & some nice interconnects after obne a new CD player was bought.

Does anybody have a set up like it? RF 52 & Rega Mira 3 ?

Any other integrated amp suggestions as the store would take it back if I'd like to switch.

THey have a Quinpu 1.0 aX 100 /side for about 600 or a shanling intergrated 1,200.

thansk WAyne

If you're using the analog outputs of your CD/DVD player your next step would be to upgrade to a nice stand-alone CD player. If you're using the digital output of the Toshiba then your sound quality will be determined by the quality of the DAC (Digital to Analog converters) in the Rega.

I can guarantee you 100% that investing in different speaker wire of any kind will not give you the results you are looking for. Interconnects are a slightly different story but there shouldn't be a need to spend a lot of money on those. Blujeanscable.com and monoprice.com are some good places to check out for cables.