Klipsch KP-450 and KP-456 specs

TAC_Double

I work for a university, at one time they were really big on Klipsch. We have 4 of the 450 cabinets topped with the 456 high packs. I got a hold of another pair this last summer for our ice arena. So, I now have 6 of these combos. Love them, just never had any documentation on them. Hope to keep them running for a long time.

Thanks for all the info!!

That KP456 has one hella horn section- K506 Tractrix with an 1132 2" driver behind it- yeow, that would scream!

The older KP450 top horn is no slouch either, it would have a K501 horn which would have been similar to that used in the Belle Klipsch. The 456 would be the preferred top horn- 40x80 degrees is a nice pattern. The Tractrix design keeps it from 'beaming' so much as upper frequencies

Thanks for the photos! How do they sound?

The bass cabinets for both models were very similar. The only difference I could find would be K-45 E in the KP 450 vs K-45 K in the KP 456.

Could you possibly take a 3/4 side view showing the depth of the cabinets and one showing the input jack panels- I'll keep them here in the files to show others.

• 15 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/20/2023 at 8:58 PM, tannedanimal said:

I have two kp 450 A-LF KLIPSCH 

With serial number 053396883. 

These things are like 5 foot tall and I'm sure they work just never hooked them up . Can anyone tell me anything about them 

the KP-450A are klipsch Pro speakers with casters and handles , your speakers were Made in 1993 based on the serial # you provided

- cabs are 3/4 inch birch plywood , the cabs come in 2 pieces , the Low Frequency cab has two 15 inch K-45-E woofers , the HF cabinet has a K-69M compression driver with a K-501 horn