Total Reference

BBB

Hello fellow Klipschters.I just picked up a pair of

RF-5's and maybe this old guy's main system is almost complete(for now ..he he ).Of course I wanted to check in with the people on The Forum,Klipsch and SVS who helped me out so much. This is what I have going on right now as I unpack the RF-5's.Stop me now if I'm wrong or with any advice with what I have. Room approx. 3,000 cuf. I've had most of this gear a few months .Right now I have the fronts set to large and all surrounds to small(that may change).And a question do you think I may need a seperate 5 or even 7 channel amp ? Here it is:

2xRF-7's Frontals

2xRF-5's Surrounds

2xRS-7's Surround Rears

1xRC-7 Center

2x SVS CS-Ultra Subs w/Samson 1000

1x TX-DS989 (using all 7 channels)

I had used all of the 989 before with other speakers for a complete 7.1 setup but not with the RF-5's.

Well it's time for this old fool to get wired and calibrate .'I'll be back" after I pump some Arnold iron through the system .Thank you my friends.BBB

cwm3.gif

This message has been edited by BBB on 01-18-2002 at 12:16 PM

I would add this.

You might want to use the RF-5s AND the RS-7s both for side surrounds. RFs for 5/7 ch music and RSs for home theater and get one more RC-7 for rear center.

You could use a speaker selector switch (Bryston makes a good one with 5-way binding posts) to toggle between the RF-5s and the RS-7s.

I just love spending other people's money.

cwm30.gif

This message has been edited by aab3rd on 01-18-2002 at 04:45 PM

aab3rd took the words out of my mouth. I plan on doing the same thing with my rig. I currently have a pair of Chorus I's as my rear surrounds and a pair of RS-3's for my back surround(s). I plan on getting another pair of RS-3's and placing them on top of my Chorus's, facing one another. I will use the Chorus's for multi-channel music and the RS-3's for movies. That's the plan anyway...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Use them all,just as you did before.Those speakers with 7.1 HT or music should sound great.I would imagine the large room and the fact that you should be able to get away from the RF's should really make them shine.If your receiver has adequate power you will have no problem with high SPL in that size room.

I personally believe speakers such as yours NEED a large room to sound their best.My old KG5.5's sound better the farther you get from them.

I'm interested in hearing your reveiw of your set-up.Enjoy.

Keith