New Home Audio Set-Up

LWhitson2

Alright, so I am upgrading my home audio for the first time ever. Previously I just had an RCA 5.1 System in a Box, but now I am getting the good stuff. I have been told many times that Klipsch is the best so I have started buying some of their stuff. Right now, here is how my set-up is.

Center Channel: Klipsch RC-10

Front Channels: Klipsch RF-10

Rear Channels: RCA Surround Speakers

Sub-Woofer: Sony SA-W3000

Reciever: Yamaha

Alright, now for the hard questions. I was looking at my next upgrade as being Klipsch RS-10 Surround Speakers, but I thought that maybe should buy some RS-52 or RS-62 instead. Any thoughts?

Bryce

Your surrounds are important, but you would be fine with the RS 10's. However I think you should get either a Sub 10 or Sub 12 to replace the Sony Sub.

then get the surround speakers.............JMHO AND welcome to the Itch Club...............(cause in about 6 months the Itch will hit you to Upgrade).

• Moderators

As another soon-to-be Klipsch owner, this "itch"/"bug" of which you all speak has me a bit jittery.

Be afraid....be VERY AFRAID!!! Don't worry though, Klipsch has been desperately working on a cure but so far, they have only been able to offer two solutions:

1. Purchase a Palladium system

2. Cut off your ears to enduce total hearing loss

Unfortunately for most of us, neither is a viable option.

[:P]

• Moderators

I just bought the Sony Sub about two months ago so I figure it will be good for a while. Why do you think I should replace it though?

To be honest, IMO, Sony unfortunately doesn't make a good sub. I love Sony. My DVD player and Camcorder are Sony. They make great TV's. They make a lot of good products, but to me, they should leave receivers and speakers to someone else. If you get a chance to demo even a used Velodyne sub, I believe you will find that it absolutely smokes the Sony sub with SPL, clarity and raw power. Of course, it all depends on one's budget too. As mentioned, Harman Kardon makes fantastic receivers. I highly recommend them.