Quick question regarding surrounds in a 5.1

wizzack

Hi, new to Klipsch with a quick question. Here's my dilemma:

I'm about to finally sort out my surrounds and upgrade to some Klipsch Reference to match my fronts and center.

I would like to get the RS-52's, but not sure if they are the best route. My sofa has to be up against the back wall, and this is the only place I can mount them. Putting them on the side walls is not an option. On the paperwork I've seen it looks like they should be placed on the sides slightly in front of the seating area. Wish I could do that but I can't. I currently have some bookshelf speakers on tables in the corners. Would I be better off getting some Klipsch RB's and sticking to the same layout (with stands instead)? Thanks for the help!

Putting any surrounds over your head with the sofa up against the wall will not work.

My personal preference would be to put RS-52s on the tables rather than bookshelf models. At least they'll give a bit better sense of envelopment than highly directional bookshelf models.