Nice Discovery close to Home!

Bill H.

I was out on my Daily Bicycle Ride, when I saw a new Antique Shop had opened- less than two blocks from my house.

I go inside and up on a shelf was a Good Condition Fisher KH 200 Integrated Amp..............but it gets better..........I heard the Distinct sound a a Horn loaded Speaker coming from the back of the Store............around the corner are a :>( Rough, Green pair of Altec A7's playing..........driven by the Fisher.

I Introduce myself to the Owner, and discover he is

1. into Tube Receivers,amps and pre amps....plus he has Vintage SS Gear stored..........

2. Has a Pair of K Horns (he's rebuilding)

3. Has a Single La Scala " "

4 After Discussion he told me he'd sell the Fisher for 225.00..............I am going to think on this one......

Meeting New folks in your Neighborhood--------------Priceless !

You haven't bought it yet ? No wait, get those crossovers changed out, grab that Fisher, get TUBED, and tell us what you think. Even if the Fisher needs rebuild, that's a good price, you've seen it, and you know it works. Bill, that type of intergrated Tube amp is easy, nothing to worry about, maybe bias and balance now and then, a tube here or there, .............. GO FOR IT !!!!!!!! ..... if you don't like it, you'll have no problem selling it ...... No Shipping, it's right there local ........... the planets are aligned ........... Your Cornwalls will like them ......... Wonder what he has for Vintage SS Gear ????

He said he has some Phase Linear AMP/Pre/Tuner..............going to look at that later on this Month...............he also stated he has some Other Tube Gear, but seemed unsure exactly what it was.

I will go see him again Monday..........about that Fisher...............Oh my, Oh my..............."The Voices"...................

That's great, Bill! Ya gotta hear that Fisher. Phase Linear was discussed in a recent thread which I can't recapture -- I had a PL 400 once, wouldn't expect much listenability via a hi-efficiency horn (JMHO).

Oldbuckster, and Larry ,

thanks for your advice and valued opinions...........I will just try to get my hands on that Fisher .

The owner stated also that he put in new tubes and had recently (?) had it re-biased. So when I really evaluate this, it's a no Brainer !..........

....saves me alot of Grief............!

Also Discovered on This Form, a 2003 Post were Craig (NV) like this Unit...............!!!!![Y]

[Y]