Wiring my Home Theater

Kain

Will this be okay?

Klipsch RF-7: Monster Cable Z2 Reference

Klipsch RC-7: Monster Cable Z2 Reference Center Channel

Klipsch RS-7: Monster Cable Z1

SVS CS-Ultra: Monster Cable MonsterBass 400 Subwoofer.

Well?

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD Projector

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Your list looks very good. I am not going to open the usual can of worms here. I think cable should be good quality, I don't know if it needs to be great quality. What you have listed is probably a little bit more than what I would go for, but I do think it is worth the money spent on it. In other words, I think the Z2 and Z1 cables are not over priced, it just might be a bit more than what I would spend on cable. The sub cable is very nice and right in line with my train of thought. I am definetly envious of your system. I was about to upgrade to the Rx-7 series, but do to corporate cutbacks I am now job hunting. Although, if I can find work in the next month or so I could end up with a little unexpected bonus money.

Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion on cable, that does not mean it is right.

JT

Actually, I think $500 just for cable is pretty high. What if I got the Monster Cable Z1 for the RF-7s and RS-7s. Then the Monster Cable Z1 Center Channel for the RC-7 and the Monster Cable MonsterBass 400 Subwoofer for the subwoofer?

Is this okay too?

------------------

Home Theater:

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900

This message has been edited by KAiN64 on 01-23-2002 at 02:09 AM

No, I am not biwiring as many people said that is does not make much of a difference.

------------------

Home Theater:

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900

I am not tying to start a fight but, make sure that your cables are bought at a place that will let you return them. Maybe I am going deaf (although my all my hearing test when I was in the Navy said my hearing was better than most) but I cannot tell a difference between cables. I spent $300 on Monster cables in my car and there was no sonic differences. I went from generic walmart cable to Monster home theater cable in my home and once again didn't notice a difference.

The only difference that I did notice was when I bi-wired my Klipsch. I am not sure if it was because I bi-wired them or because I took off that terrible copper bus bar.

bottom line is that almost all cable is made from the same Cu. Yeah some utilize Ar gas but unless you are the Sentinal, your hearing isn't good enough to tell the difference.

Next time you go to a store that wants to sell you $500 cables, tell them to let you set up the AB test and see if the sales associate can tell the difference.

------------------

Come on honey why can't I spend some more money?

My Home Theater

quote:

Originally posted by KAiN64:

No, I am not biwiring as many people said that is does not make much of a difference.

kain, well i try not to let other people tell me what I hear. Smile.gif i did it w/ my rf-3 using just the lowest cost monster biwire cables (mcx) & heard a definite improvement in imaging between the 2 speakers (about 20

ft apart). also thought it improved the clarity of the highs & tightness of the bass, but that's debatable. bobg at klipsch said he hears a dif, but i won't go any further on this. Biggrin.gif

& getting the cables preterminated w/ banana plugs is massively more convenient for me. jmo.

------------------

My Home Systems Page