2 Different and strange subwoofer problems

Okay I have 2 of the promedia 2.1s and have had them for some time and for computer speakers they are amazing. Anyways, I have 2 different problems with the subs. One of the subs has developed a slight rattle, very noticable during a bass intensive section of a song with little in the upper frequencies. (Intro to Metallica-One is probably the most noticable) Anyways I when I apply pressure to the side of the subwoofer enclosure (near the top right corner on the driver side), it removes the rattle, I've taken both the driver and amp out and retightened them. I am wondering what if any method is best for tightening the subwoofer frame to remove the rattle. The second problem I have is with the second subwoofer. When played at the same volume as the other set the subwoofer port produces noticable noise. That annoying chuffing that happens as the air rushes out. I can't figure out what could be the problem as inspection of it shows nothing wrong. I just find it strange that since they play at identical levels, and appear to be physically the same this happens? Or could it be a problem with the driver and not the port? Sorry if that was lengthy but any help would be great. Don't feel like buying anything new since they don't pay you much to be a student.

All I can think of for the rattling would be to inspect the sub for a loose sticker or something on it. My friend's old harmon/kardon speakers had that happen to the sub once, it turned out that the problem was a sticker on the bottom that was falling off. The bass made the sticker vibrate and tap against the desk/sub, so that caused the rattling sound. You might have a completely different problem, if you don't have a loose sticker or something like that, look at the area around the sub for something that would rattle during a bassy moment. Good luck.