heresy 3

jeverett

I was wondering if anyone out there has spent any time listening to the heresy 3's. I'm looking at making a new purchase but there is no dealer in my area so I have no oppurtuinty to audition them. Generally I tend not to like metal tweets and I'm concerned they may be a little to bright for my liking. Also they seem they may be a little light in the base department. I currently have the Glow Audio amp1 (integrated) and the Arcam cd73 with DNM cables. any input I can get would be very appreciated. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone out there has spent any time listening to the heresy 3's. I'm looking at making a new purchase but there is no dealer in my area so I have no oppurtuinty to audition them. Generally I tend not to like metal tweets and I'm concerned they may be a little to bright for my liking. Also they seem they may be a little light in the base department. I currently have the Glow Audio amp1 (integrated) and the Arcam cd73 with DNM cables. any input I can get would be very appreciated. Thanks!

I spent allot of time with the Heresy I II and have heard the III in the Hope demo room. Just last night I was at my friends house listening to some tunes and I was thinking how good they were. They are a tremendous value. You should really hear them for yourself. I think you'll be suprised at the sound quality. It is a winner. I could be happy with a pair.

I am not sure 5wpc is enough for Heresy's and I'm a flea amp fan.

The Heresy III has an improved tweeter and mid horn over the I & II. It now uses titanium diaphrams on tweeter and mids. The tweeter is also a tractrix horn. Many changes to the Heresy III and very important ones at that which results in possibly on of the best Heresy's to date. There was also a modest increase in efficiency.Increased efficiency is good. The new Cherry veneer is awesome.

frequency response 58Hz-20kHz±3dB
power handling 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
sensitivity 99dB @ 1watt/1meter
nominal impedance 8 ohms
crossover frequency HF: 5000Hz
LF: 850Hz
maximum acoustic output 116dB SPL
tweeter K-107-TI 1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
high frequency horn Tractrix Horn
midrange K-53-TI 1.75" (4.45 cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
mid frequency horn Exponential Horn
woofer K-28-E 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone
enclosure material MDF
enclosure type Sealed
dimensions 23.81" H (60.48 cm) x 15.5" W (39.37 cm) x 13.25" D (33.66 cm)
weight 44 lbs unboxed
finishes Walnut Lacquer, Cherry Lacquer, Black Lacquer
built from 2006