Angle is everything!

Youthman

• Moderators

So, if I get the 64 and it's too heavy for the glass shelf in my stand, is it going to be a problem to put in on the bottom of the stand? Will the supplied pieces that let you angle it be enough? Anyone else have the center at the bottom of their TV stand?

From talking to Steve at Klipsch, it seems that the pieces that I ordered will allow you you to only angle it downward since the post will allow you wo increase the height of the rear of the speaker. On my previous KV3, I could flip the speaker upside down, flip the grill around and it would allow me to angle it upwards as well. The RC-7 does not have holes on the top of the speaker to allow you to flip it upside down to do the same. If I am incorrect in my assumptions, someone feel free to correct me.

• Moderators

Hmmmm, you have the RC-7 with RF-83's. You should give me the 7 and you go get the 64 and we can all be happy. Hahaha, jk man nice job getting the center! I wish I had one.

I guess you are right....what is your shipping address? Happy Birthday! [^]

Just keep your eye open...there is a good deal out there somewhere. This one was too good to pass up offer.

• Moderators

As long as you do not have say a coffee table that is in the way of the sound or have multiple rows of seating, it should work fine. Think about the movie theaters. The surrounds are placed 20 feet above you and angled downward towards the listening area. I know this isn't the same situation with your center but I would think the same concept applies. If it was on the floor aimed at your shoes, that would not sound too good.

Hello "Youthman".

I apologize for just responding to your post. Life has me busy! To answer your question, I do not have a separate amp pushing the speakers. The responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of my aging and soon to be replaced Marantz SR9300. Don't get it confused. The 9300 is more than capable of holding it's own. The sound quality is outstanding and it handles all of my components (11). The best thing I did for this speaker system was replacing my Yamaha RX-V3000 (another power house in it's hey dey!) with the Marantz. I do have a Sunfire TGA7200 multi-channel amp. But I will not implement it until I move into the new house. It will be part of my system's renaissance. Thank you for the compliment about my "rack"! Unfortunately, this current setup is rapidly approaching obsolescence. I'm using an outboard HDMI switcher because the Marantz lacks HDMI. My 50" plasma is 1366 x 768..... a fancy way of saying 720P! And my blu ray player, albeit excellent at upscaling standard dvds, is not capable of decoding the hi-rez audio formats (DTHD & DTS-HD/MA). So revamping will include removing and replacing a lot of components. Streamlining will be the theme. I have had a satisfying experience with it, but change is inevitable!

post-31531-13819381335668_thumb.jpg

post-31531-13819392750544_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Life has me busy!

Totally understand that. We have four children under 9 years old and are trying to build a house. You are much more patient than I am. I would have already hooked up the sunfire. That is one bad mamajama amp. I bet it's going to be incredible!

I actually just edited the previous post.

I have 2 girls, 17 and 9! They drive me absolutely nuts! The "'I Want' Machines!" Kids and their sense of entitlement! I didn't expect anything as a youth! And if I did get anything outside of the necessities, you better know that it had to earned requiring a little blood, sweat and tears! Anyway! Because of my current configuration, I couldn't integrate the amp.... nowhere to put it. Plus, my current dwelling is a townhouse. Neighbors on both sides. The Marantz is 140 watts x 7, and believe me, I sometimes drive my neighbors nuts. Adding the Sunfire would, without a doubt, generated a visit from the boys in blue! So I digressed! In this case, patience is truly a virtue.

post-31531-13819381340198_thumb.jpg

post-31531-13819392754894_thumb.jpg

Oh, by the way. I wish you the best in your endeavor to build a new house. It's been an adventure with my builder and realtor! the house was supposed to be completed this month, but everything has been pushed back and now I'm being told that it may not be complete until August! These guys are killing me! But they want the money on time though! I'm at the build site everyday, driving them nuts! the builder is acting like the house is for him and not for me! It's crazy.

Anyway, I've decided to take the Paradigms back and now, I will shop for a RF63 pkg! I may even look at the new WF 35 pkg. Just to see how they sound?!

• Moderators

Way cool man. Being a student pastor, I see the "self entitlement" attitude in many of my teenagers. Most parents do not help the situation by giving their kids whatever they want. If you need a good home for the amp until August, I will give it a good home and give it plenty of opportunity to exercise.

That, my friend, is called the "Subdude" made by a company called "Aurelex"! It is a floatation platform for the subwoofer. It's purpose is to reduce unwanted resonance and boominess.

The benefits are many. And depending on what type of sub you have, can actually help refine the subs performance.

Some will argue and claim the placebo effect, but if you do any research on the product and read reviews/observations

from owners of the "Subdude", they will echo my observations and descriptions regarding the benefits after placing the sub on top of it.

Many say, and I concur, that it's the best $50 they've spent. A very inexpensive and effective way to improve your room's

acoustics.

http://www.auralexelite.com/products/product1.asp?id=26&bundle

Regards.

http://www.stereophile.com/musicintheround/1204mitr/

1204mitr

Attached is an article from "Stereophile Magazine". Surely a respected and highly regarded publication in the audio circles!

There's definitely more to it than the pic shows.

If that isn't enough for the sceptics out there, just "Google" it and read all the testimonies regarding the effectiveness of the platform.

Regards.

SubDude_ProductBrief.pdf

SubDude_ProductBrief.pdf

It will at the least, reduce the effect! Your neighbors will notice a difference. It may not eliminate it all but it will surely make a significant difference! If you go to AVSforum.com and do a search for "Subdude"! there will be hundreds of posts regarding this product and how effective it is.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=644330

There will be posters that have wood flooring, who've commented on the positive effect the subdude had in reducing the unwanted resonance and vibration.

It's worth a try. I can tell you, it was the best thing I could do for my room outside of installing acoustic panels!

Regards.