port tuning

dcmo

I have the dve disc, but I don't see how I could set it to play to play at 15 hz which is what I am trying for. Is this disc capable of tuning the port, or do I need to get another disc to do so. If this one is capable which test should I run, if not what test should be run on a different one.

I don't know about CD's or other disks.

Let me suggest you use a piece of free software which will generate tones on your laptop or home computer. I haven't searched for one lately.

You can search for Audacity and get their free recording software. On the toolbar you'll find "generate." Then pick tone and you'll see a menu for waveforms (you want sine) and frequency. I can hear the 440 Hz (default) on my laptop and the setting will take 15 Hz, which my laptop speakers will not reproduce.

Once you hit generate you will have to hit the green triangle for play/forward. Try this with the 440 Hz first just to make sure things are working.

You can use the headphone output of a laptop to feed the amp with the proper mini to RCA.

Let us know how this works out for you.

Wm McD

Went to Audacity and downloaded, but then a member on AVS provided a link to an audio disc that another AVS member had created (803 mb file). Haven't had the opportunity to play it in anything but my computer, but the menu systems are very clear forward and allows me to play any single signal I would like. Here's the link if anyone else would be interested in something like this. I like this better than having to run out and get another cable, seems as if it would be a lot easier also with it being in the dvd player. Hopefully the XA2 will play it, if not I will have to hook the Oppo backup for this one.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=742969

• 4 weeks later...

Test CD's are available that continually play separate frequencies on separate tracks - 100, 90, 80, 70, 60.....40, 35, 30, ...15, plus a test track to isolate and fix rattles effecting your sound environment. The test tracks are usually separated in 10 Hz increments at higher frequencies, then, 5 Hz increments down low.

HSU sent me one with my MBM-12's. I'm quite sure they can get one to you. Parts Express may have one, too.