Cable DVR box on top of older non-shielded Chorus 1--OK??????

bdbaba

Hey All,

If I put a Time Warner HDTV cable DVR box on top of my Chorus 1 will the magnetism from the speaker cause any damage to it over the ong haul, or is it no problem? How about an Oppo DVD player as well?

Thanks,

bdbaba

magnetism from non-shielded speakers should only be possible of affecting the video portion of older CRT style TV's.

SORRY, I missed the DVR bit. You would want to keep it a distance from the magnets in the Chorii.

Remember that even bucking magnets (the 'shielding' is really just reverse magnets back to back with the speaker magnets) might still let some stray magnetic field out. I'd keep a safe working distance of 2'.

Thanks guys. But now I have one "Yea" and one "Nea." I need a tie breaker![:D]

I would assume that the DVR has a HDD in it--its the Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC.

And if it is a problem, how far away from the Chorus would I need to plae the box--and my PS3 for that matter?

It for sure sounds like no problem for the Oppo, though, which is good news.

Maybe this will help...

Here is my stack up on top of my Chorus II's. HK amp/receiver sits on top of the Chorus...Sony DVD player sits on top of the amp (don't yell at me...I have a two+ inch gap above my receiver with a muffin fan to keep it cool) and then the Time Warner box sits on top of that so it's about 15 inches above the speaker and I don't have any problems.