More Ice Cream

arfandbark

Frzninvt,

I have them now. Been playing them for a couple days thru the cheesy Scott 350R. REALLY like them. I give them a couple notches over flat just because I prefer a bit more bass. Plenty of thump, even at low volume. I like that.

I'll run them with one of my H/K 930s in the next couple days and if I find it too bass heavy I'll try my Sansui G-7900.

I'm already happy, though. That's a nice tweeter.

Incredible bass presence for a single 8" woofer.

They aren't even on the floor. They are on top of a pair of Polk Monitor 10's. That will be an interesting shootout later.....

I thought they met in Long Island and did not start making ice cream until after they moved to Vermont? I used to visit the old garage in Burlington and they would have three or four flavors on sale. The next flavors were spinning in the window with flavor labels and finish times on the churning machines. BTW My brother had pairs of genesis and epi's in the seventies. I preferred the ar's and the advents. Still have some large advents in the work shop with an old pioneer receiver. The receiver uses an old ac power cord for speaker wire with a bend in one of the plug prongs.

The older EPI/Genesis were a very good sounding speaker. My favorite was the M200C EPI. Big heavy floor stander. I ran them for years with the Crown DC300A and couldn't ask for a nicer sound. EPI still has a devoted following of the older models. Harmon Intl took them over and ruined them. Not the only thing Harmon screwed up once they got their paws on them.

Just don't overpower the Genesis Arf, you'll be shooting woofer parts around the listening area. Done that.

Harry (how many posts do I have now?)

I thought they met in Long Island and did not start making ice cream until after they moved to Vermont?

Ben and Jerry started in an Old Gas Station here in Saratoga, and moved their operations to Vermont. They moved to Saratoga, and bought the station when things were cheap in 'Toga town .... if you saw Saratoga in the late 70's and early 80's, and saw it now, you wouldn't believe it, what a job they've done, what a turn around. Ben and Jerry are kinda' like home town hereo's here !!!!!

Oldbuckster,

Highjacked.

I am confused. I got this from b&j site. Did they own the parlor in saratoga?

"In 1977 Ben left the school and decided to go into the food business with his childhood pal, Jerry. The two settled on ice cream (as opposed to bagels due to the expensive machinery needed) and started performing research. They chose Burlington, Vermont as the second-best place to start their ice cream venture, mostly due to the fact that it was a great college town in desperate need of an ice cream parlor, and because their first choice --Saratoga Springs, New York-- already had an ice cream parlor."

"Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream Parlor opened for business in May, 1978, in a renovated gas station on a busy streetcorner in Burlington, Vermont. Ben & Jerry’s soon became known throughout Vermont as much for its rich, unusual flavors as for Ben’s and Jerry’s community-oriented approach to business, whereby good will, good times, and good ice cream were shared through a variety of events, such as an autumn “Fall Down” Festival, a free outdoor movie festival, and a celebration of the business’ 1-year anniversary with a Free Cone Day (an anniversary celebration still observed, now with free cones served all day at every Ben & Jerry’s scoop shop nationwide.)"

"Jerry moved back up north in 1976, and again moved in with Ben, this time in Saratoga Springs, New York. There, they decided to pursue their dream of starting a food business together. They settled on ice cream and began researching the industry. After receiving A's in a $5 Penn State correspondence course in ice cream making, they set up their Ben & Jerry’s ice cream parlor in Burlington, Vermont, opening in May of 1978."

?????

Saratoga Springs, New York-- already had an ice cream parlor."

Yes, it was their's ................ Burlington is where they built their Ice Cream Plant, I should say, outskirts of Burlington. Bottom line, it was cheaper to build the plant in Vermont, than in New York. Their Ice Cream Parlors and Ice Cream Plant, are two different things. Very shrewd businessmen, and do alot of good things for the communities they are in. Hat's Off to them ...........

I was referring to the repeated attempts to pirate my thread, Oldbuckbuddy.

Apparently you need a new plague unleashed upon yourself due to the fact you continue to try to lead my thread astray....

Okay, I've been most patient with you. There's big money behind this, by the way. All the SS amp makers are in. They've had it with your tube talk.

Here it comes. The powers that are have devised a chigger that tends to seek hotspots such as tube amps in rural areas.

Much larger than your normal chigger, it is. Abdomen the size of a golfball. They can jump thirty feet and land on the bridge of your glasses, attach themselves to your forehead (and I mean LATCH ON) and suck out the crainial fluid in a matter of minutes. Teeth like a Woodchuck, they have.

The recipient of the bite feels a brief need to listen to solid state power and then lapses into an increasing need to attend a "Flock of Seagulls" concert.

Then that person fades away,stating CROWN, crown, just before the veil of blackness envelopes what is left.

Being the forgiving dog I am, I will attempt to persuade them you need "one more chance". I hope it works for your sake.

But, consider yourself warned.

Your most sincere friend,

ARF

P.S. I know you are all jealous of my Genesis II speakers.