KA-1000 THX and two KW-120-thx Subs or One RT-12d

I am buying the RF-83 Refrence series 5.1 to use in my cinima room. I am adding an extra pair of the rs62 for rear speakersto make it a 7.1 system. I demo'd the system with the rt-12d sub and although it sounded very good I didnt feel much *** kicking base. I am asking if anyone here has had both types of subs and what their input is. I was even thinking of buying an extra rt-12d sub but was told it wouldnt solve the problem since they are on the same frequency. I asking for input please. Will the ka-1000 thx and 2 of the kw-120 thx subs give a more harder hitting couch moving bass? My personal email is kut304@yahoo.com if you rather talk there.

If you are comparing a pair of the RT-12d vs the KW-120's.... I would probably lean in the direction of the RT's,,,, myself. The front ports on the KSW-120's have high velocity, if you can place them far enough away from you there is a masking effect. The Rt's have passive radiators that do not have this issue.

Both are a great product.

If you are close to the subs... you will feel the air from the port at higher drive levels, and this is distracting in my opinion. Being farther away from them, you will not experience that. Also, even though the port is curved ( will attenuate some of the higher frequecy sounds emitted via the port ) this does not totally eliminate non-harmonically linked noise such as suspension noise and air flow through the motor and magnetic structure.

Again... if you are far enough away... this is sort of a non-issue. It will show up in close mic'd response... but in real life... the masking will eliminate this. ( attenuation over distance )

If you are close to the sub or subs ( seating and sub placement ).... I would chose the RT12d... as they will not have the same issues. Both are good systems, I have had the chance to play with my 7 cu ft PR'd sub back to back with the KW-120's. ( 18" LMS active and two 18" PR's )

The RT and KW subs cover pretty much the same bandwidths. Most the impact from bass comes from the high frequencies anyway...

If you're trying to get more frm your subwoofage, then I would start by looking at the influence of your room since it will dominate the behavior of the sub.

But given the choice, I too would opt for a pair of the RT-12d's