It's all about the home network baby!

DiGNAN17

Hells yes! I've finally got internet back. In case anyone's been wondering (I'm sure you haven't) why I haven't been posting lately, it's because I've been without a working internet connection since about August 15th.

That's when I moved back down to school. This year I'm living off-campus in a newly built place where we had them install ethernet throughout the house. I then set up a patchblock and a hub inside a linen closet where we had all the wires running to.

Unfortunately we had no high speed internet connection available. The old story: too far for DSL and cable hadn't been upgraded in our area yet. We got the network set up and we played a bunch of Half-Life and Worms: Armageddon to pass the time (there are 3 computers on our network with a possibility of 6 all together).

Well, the cable guy came yesterday and hooked us up with some sweet, sweet, cable internet. I now have an additional computer hooked up to the hub to act as a server and is connected to the cable modem. Then with ICS I distributed the signal to the other computers and I'm set! WOOHOO!!!!

Sorry, just had to write about this whole ordeal. It's been annoying. But it was worth it!

------------------

FURIOS Df>c> icon100.gif

Welcome back Big D! Sounds like a sweet setup. Guess you heard the bad news about TheKave. Fun while it lasts, ever how long that is.

Anyway, enjoy your new network. Did you go 100 or 10Mbps? Did you use a switch or a hub? Hmm, 10GBps switch wink.gif

c>

------------------

Who knows what evil lurks in the darkness of The Kave ?

www.thekave.net Home of The Klipschmonster!

Oh no, no switch in there. That's getting a bit ridiculous for a 3 computer setup (although there's 6 outlets around the house).

So in other words, it's 10Mbps hub with 13 ports. It's all just old equipment from my dad's office. I even inherited a pentium 120 machine that I'm using as a server. Slow, but it works...and how!

By the way, read my post on the kave. Might be a way around that. wink.gif

------------------

FURIOS Df>c> icon100.gif