Best glue to reattach speaker cone to surround.

My Vandersteen Model3 speakers are falling apart, the cones are seperating from the surrounds.

Vandersteen wants $120.00 each to repair the drivers, that's just sending them the loose drivers.

I could, and have purchased whole woofers for my Klipsch Cornwalls!

I would think I could use some type of contact cement to reattach them, any ideas?

Rubber surrounds, some type of plastic cone, it's not paper.

Thank you.

Check out this link. $5.95 plus shipping sure beats $120.00. BTW Parts Express requires a $20.00 purchase so look for some other stuff you might need. Check out their flyers which usually have good deals on stuff you probably don't need! If the surround is coming apart from the cone in some but not all areas then you should be able to use this glue. If the surround is separated from the entire cone you'll probably have to center the voice coil in the voice coil gap (which usually means removing the dust cap to insert shims) and then reattach the cone/surround (using this glue), remove the shims and install the dust cap (using this glue). This glue should work for this application but itis more of a pain in the rear. If you don't center the voice coil (assuming complete separation of cone and surround) then you will probably notice a rubbing sound which is the voice coil rubbing against the voice coil gap. You should be able to get a cheaper rate from some "refoamers" or "reconing" services which you can find on line. Using your surround will cut down on part costs. It 's not rocket science. Hope this helps.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=340-076