Looking for a cheapish projector...

hooting_monkey

Guest srobak

Don't skimp too much on a projector. You do get what you pay for. If that's your limit - then either wait and save, or get a <1500 LCD.

What size screen are you looking for? Projectors have gotten cheaper and better. What about ambient light in the room? Also regarding LCD's be careful here, don't buy just based on 1080P you make sure it also has 120hz processing. This eliminates motion blurr common on LCD displays.

Todd

I've owned many projectors in my time, and I can tell you a really nice one for someone just starting out. Pick up an Optoma HD70 (there is probably a new one out by now). I had one of these a while back (I upgraded since) but it is actually really nice. It is barebones - doesn't have many features - but it does project 1080i, 720p and accepts 1080p signals although it isn't true 1080p.

All in all, if your spending on a budget, you can get one of these for around 800 bucks new and I promise you will be satisifed with it. The picture is great and unless you are trying to buy the best of the best, you can't go wrong with an 800 dollar price tag. Also, you may be able to get one for cheaper on CL or the Bay.