Home Theatre Configuration

sgarrott

First, I wanted to thank those who gave me some GREAT advice a couple of months ago concerning my Cornwalls that I brought out of retirement. I decided to put together a home theatre system (although I enjoy music more) and this is what I have. The nearest Klipsch dealer suggested part of this and I have dealt with him only over the phone and Internet.

Sony 36" Vega Triniton FD TV/Monitor

Onkyo 696 AV Receiver

CD/DVD Panasonic DVD-RV31

Klipsch Cornwalls-fronts

Klipsch RB-3's-rears

Klipsch RC-3II-center

Klipsch KSW-12-subwoofer

I am in the process of wiring/setting up the rears as I have to go over the top of the room (they will be mounted on the wall with B-Tech Bt-77 wall mounts). What I am concerned about is this: After reading the subwoofer forum top-bottom, I get the feeling my KSW-12 will be my weakest link. Some say go to the Reference Series or SVS. I know what I have listed is no super system but I feel it will be better than average. I really don't want to spend the extra $500 - $800 to go to a more higher-end sub but will if I have too. The KSW is still in the box. Like I said,I listen to music more than watch DVD's. Has anyone put a system similar to this together or have I put together just pieces of electronic equipment? I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, or comments. I enjoy reading the comments on the forum and have already used advice that has been posted.

Hey neighbor! The KSW12 should be a decent sub.Gotta figure price/performance ya know!

How big is your room? Fact is,for a few dollars more now you could enjoy much better performance.The Klipsch LF-10's are going on U-Bid for ~$500(save/risk factor).Your dealer may even have one.Mine does,but much higher price.Oh yeah,a fella up in Cullman has one on www.Audiogon.com I believe.If interested let me know and I'll see if I can figure out where I saw it listed.

The Paradigm owners here rave about the PW-2200?.Price should be ~$600.

Maybe with this bump will help get another response.Good luck!

Keith

I second the Paradigm suggestion. Very pleased with it. SVS offers very good boom-for-the-buck ratios also if you're in the US, I'D check them out as well.

------------------

'cuz not a lot of people have ever said

"Pump up the treble!"