rb-51's or sinergy f-3's

arriagaricardo

Should i go for the reference rb-61 bookshelf speakers or i should stick to my current sinergy towers f-3's, i'am trying to get the cleanest, and qualitier sound posible, high volume is not one of my targets. At the moment i have the f-3's paired with the rc-52 wich i think sounds great, and the sinergy s-1's for surrounds and back surrounds, all that driven by a 2308ci dennon reciver. I do listen to music a lot and ocasionaly movies.

Thank you for your sugestions.

• Moderators

i'am trying to get the cleanest, and qualitier sound posible

That is a never ending quest that you will never fully achieve. [;)]

At the moment i have the f-3's paired with the rc-52 wich i think sounds great

If it sounds great to you, why change?

With that said, the Reference line has great clarity and dynamics. The RB-61's don't have much bottom end but they are great speakers nonetheless.

Well, first of all i want to tank you for taking the time to help me.

Now, what sounds great to me is my center channel, the rc-52.

I have set all my speakers to small so bottom end even with the towers is handled by the sub-12 subwoofer, what i dont like from the f-3's is that whenever i listen to music it seems that the tweeter is too bright compared to the rc-52 that sounds so natural.

I know it is just your point of view. but if it was you what would you take the F-3's or the rb-61's if you were looking for clean, and quality sound?

Thank you again for yor time and advice, i really do apreciate it

Personally, I'd opt for the RB-61's as they have a smoother tweeter being Titanium Vs. Aluminum. I've heard what you describe as the brightness from the Synergy series, and yes, I found the Reference series to be quite a bit nicer to listen to. If you have the sub-12, then you have nothing to worry about having the 61's, they will sound nice with your centre (52). JMO

• Moderators

what i dont like from the f-3's is that whenever i listen to music it seems that the tweeter is too bright compared to the rc-52 that sounds so natural.

Ok, so you are not totally satisfied. That makes a difference. Sometimes we upgrade just for the sake of upgrading. We all struggle with this disease. [:D] One thing that you want to do is keep the speakers within the same series. The Synergy and the Reference are from two different series. Since you have the RC-52, the RB-61's will pair up beautifully with it since they are timbre matched. I once demoed the RB-61's and found they sounded fantastic for music. Your sub12 will take care of the bottom end. I think you will be quite pleased with the performance of the RB-61's with your RC-52.

Just my personal opinion, I don't find this to be much of an upgrade, if at all. Hearing both of the referenced speakers, I think this is more of a horizontal upgrade. If you listen to each and really like the sound of the RB-61, then I guess go for it. I would think moving up to the RB 81 would be a more significant upgrade for not too much more money.

Your catching the bug. That was similar to my issue, and I went from the RF-52's to the RF-62's and I'd go further but that would not have been within the WAF at all. Now while you may not have to worry about the wife acceptance factor, you'll have to listen to the two systems and decide for yourself. They (in my HO) would be a better match to the RC-52 you have.