Doctor Cilantro - Help! Dopwnloaded J River MC12

tigerwoodKhorns

I downloaded the free version of J River Media Player 12 and it found all of my music. I now need to tag the music, add covers, etc. I can't find your Blog (I was reading it last night).

How do I easily go somewhere on the internet and download covers, genra, track labels, etc. My problem is that all of the files have tags or partial tags that are wrong. I want something that will easily overwrite these and update.

What custom tags should I create? I'd like an easy interface that shows one icon for an artist, or album (I get multiple now).

Thanks,

Chris

If you right click a file/album in MC12 you 'll see Update From YADB; it's J. River's version of FreeDB.

You can use Player & Audiograbber to search FreeDB and CDDB (Gracenote) for discs you're about to rip, then the cdplayer.ini can auto-exported so that MC12 pulls in the meta data....

http://digitanalogue.blogspot.com/

feel free to email or post with more quesitons

DC

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried YADB. Pretty much useless.

I also tried Player and Audiograbber but I want to rename (or retag) my existing collection.

I played with the Godfather software for a few hours last night, then got tired and threw an album on. Vinyl helps to sooth digital ills.

The Godfather software (freeware) will rename files and change tags. My collection is organized in subfolders, ex:

d:/music/supertramp/crime of the century/[songs]

I am thinking about renaming all of the songs using [track number; name] so they sit propely in the folder, then tagging them with all of the info. Is this the way to go or should I name them differently? Like Artist; album; track #; Name?

Once I learn how to use Godfather it should go quickly. It also has access to FreeDB.

What do you think? At teh end of the day, I just want to have big icons with the album cover that I can choose easily, and not ten of the same cover on my screen.

YADB is growing, but I agree it isn't that cpmprehensive.

MC will do lots of very advanced tagging based on filenames & folder structures. You can tag right in MC (in case that isn't obvious). You can also drag entire albums or genres into the tree and have things tagged; Drag N Tag.

Look under right click a file> Library Tools

does the Godfather submit existing files (ripped) to freedb for analysis???

DC