Mr Bose meets Mr Klipsch at CES...

IndyKlipschFan

OK, so it is a joke. But run with me here...

Mr. Bose comes up to Mr. Klipsch at CES with his hands over his mouth cupped.. he sais, "So Paul, are you still making those horn speakers"? Then Paul turns around and faces the opposite way. "I sure am..." shouting to the sky.." HAHAHAHAHAHA

Better done in person, but you get the idea. I find it amazing the one line that we all seem to agree upon that we all "hate" with a passion in the Klipsch forum is Bose.

Why don't we say the Promedia 5.1 is the Bose killer too? I wonder if anyone has used this set up at home in a smaller home theatre setup too? Who knows, it might just beat Bose at their own game. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe Klipsch needs to market it that way too. For the small home theatre? Any thoughts?

This message has been edited by IndyKlipschFan on 01-30-2002 at 12:32 PM

Indy---Yeah, that's an old one. I don't hate Bose, or have any beef with them. Their products are decent and people like them, a couple of times when I didn't know I was listening to Bose speakers at first I thought they sounded OK, certainly not bad. I know a guy who put his Acoustat Monitor 4 electrostats in the garage and is listening to Bose bookshelf speakers, this guy has been exposed to some VERY good speakers and prefers Bose with open eyes (ears), what you gonna say, he's wrong? I'm not gonna tell him, he's gonna make me a good deal on the Acoustats. I've more respect for Bose than I do for upscale makers who put a couple of $25 Vifas from the Madisound catalog in a box and charge $2000. Besides, with the direction Klipsch is going now I wouldn't throw stones at Bose. Klipsch is just another big speaker company now making products to pricepoints, an amazing amount of product has come and gone the last few years. Makes Bose look conservative.